Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Minuteman048 - June at Boone Daily Blog

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Minuteman048 - June at Boone Daily Blog

June 20th, 2020.

Left Port Charlotte at noon and arrived at Lake City FL about 4:00 PM, about 230 miles. Some traffic around big towns but it moved. Took I-75 all the way and had the cruise control set at 85 an everyone as passing me! Only saw one Florida State Trooper in Gainesville. Checked into the Quality Inn an will walk next door to Ruby Tuesday for dinner. Will meet my friend Dave from St. Augustine at the first exit north of I-10 at 7:00 AM tomorrow morning to continue on to Robbinsville NC to check in another Quality Inn mid afternoon and then hit the Dragon.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

2. Likes pdexta, Jaysz28, Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minuteman048 - June at Boone Daily Blog

Met up with my friend Dave and left for the Dragon at 7:30 AM on I-75 just north of Lake City making terrific time. We planned on going around Atlanta in case we encountered any protesters blocking the interstate. Well so did everybody else so it took hours to get around it. Finally got to Robbinsville at 4:00 PM after driving 8 hours when it should have taken five. We were beat so we ate at a Mexican restaurant and retired to out hotel rooms. Called Scott (pdexta) and he will be meeting us at the Dragon about 8:00 AM. Hope the weather will be good since its raining tonight. We did hit a great stretch of road before Robbinsville and the car wants to go. Twisty roads perfectly paved. It does not get better than this.

The car is running great! No more noisy rear end noises, no vibrations and no shimmy. Closest to a new car it's ever felt. That new drive shaft made a big difference. The engines revs quick with the new lighter flywheel and drops quicker so you can rev match better. Stay tuned.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's

4. Likes pdexta, Agent☣Orange, Jaysz28 liked this post
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Father’s Day you guys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB210009-7E85-4FFA-B588-A99D9C289FA5.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	4337

6. Thanks Pmarcuzzo thanked for this post
    Likes Jaysz28 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I met up with Bernie and Dave this morning and got in some good driving before peeling off to head back home. Looks like my dashcam ate the Dragon video of me chasing Bernie. All I got was a little teaser pic:

Name:	20200622_080833.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	4339
    Scott
    2001 Honda S2000 ♦ 6sp
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

8. Thanks Agent☣Orange thanked for this post
    Likes Jaysz28 liked this post
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw man! That video would have been great.

I’m glad you guys got a chance to get together! I can just imagine what the drive was like.

10. Likes Jaysz28 liked this post
    Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to the Dragon abut 8:15 and saw pdexta going the other way. Did two two way trips for 11 miles each way for a total of 44 miles of white knuckle driving. It was awesome! A Monday morning with no one on the Dragon! It doesn't get better than that! I am pissed though. Made 3 awesome videos and the first two did not take!!! But I did get Scott when he led the final run but we did run into some motorcycles on that run. Enjoy Scott. To bad your video did not come out either. From their we went to Boone and will be going on some runs tomorrow.

12. Likes pdexta, Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty nice drive and the ZZ Top was a good choice. Looks like everything was going fine until that lone biker had to go 20mph. Too bad he didn’t pull over instead of you guys.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

He did eventually and so did a few more. Lost the video of the best run of the day...arrgh!

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple of good runs today until about 1:30 when the rain started. Had lunch at this really rural mountain drive in.

16. Likes pdexta, Agent☣Orange, Jaysz28 liked this post
    Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome runs today and hit the Devils Whip and the Diamondback. Car runs like a Swiss watch and I have been bouncing the tach off the rev limiter all week to keep up with the forced induction guys and have earned their respect. Getting ribbed because I have the only car in the group from the last century (1999). No NA's this year. Good clip from Youtube about the ribbing I'm getting:

Now for the bad news. Cutting the trip short because I got rear ended this afternoon. Leaving tomorrow morning with my friend Dave who incidentally rear ended me but I'm not going to blame him. Was the second car in a group of 5 when we rounded a sharp corner in the middle of nowhere. There was a wild turkey on the side of the road and the first car just got by him as he took flight. Yes wild turkeys can fly! You think turkey buzzards are big but wait til you see one of these take flight and fill your windshield. I had to hit the brakes and I just clipped him over my windshield and thought that was close when bang I got hit by Dave in his supercharged ND. His airbag went off and he pushed back his supercharger inter-cooler into his AC condenser. Luckily they did not pierce any lines and he was able to continue back to the hotel. I followed him back and looks like his car will be able to travel. Will follow him home to St. Augustine to ensure he gets back OK. Had turkey feathers in the car! Attached are the pictures.

Name:	thumbnail (3).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	4342

Name:	thumbnail (1).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	4343

Name:	thumbnail (2).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	4344

Today's Video: