Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - anyone getting worried?

🛠 Tool wench 500+ kung fu jesus's Avatar
    Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coronavirus - anyone getting worried?

My friend's wife caught it. She's a doctor. Both of their small children got it. He was asymptomatic.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you know the chain of events? Did the Doctor get infected treating a patient, did she pass it on to her husband and then to the children? I'm just curious, what is the role of the asymptomatic person? Do they pass it on to others with no effects to themselves?

I was born at the beginning of the Atomic age, I survived without being infected with Polio, earthquakes in San Francisco twice. I was in the Air Force at the very beginning of the Viet Nam complied my tour of duty before being deployed to Viet Nam. Retired and moved to Florida and lived through 4 major Hurricanes, and now I am housebound because of COVID 19. I'm 3 months and one week away from my 80th birthday. Is my luck about to dry up, if just one person sneezes, coughs or tushes me?
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

3. Thanks Agent☣Orange thanked for this post
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Mario, maybe I got my dates wrong but isn’t this you pushing around a death cart during the Black Plague?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1F72D3C-FC6F-4849-B56C-337C051B6837.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	4413

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No that's me on the cart, I'm on my second go around plus I also have an Abi-normal brain.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyFace;650 13
    No that's me on the cart, I'm on my second go around plus I also have an Abi-normal brain.
    Mario said, He's not dead yet.

Last edited by minuteman048; 07-31-2020 at 06:43 AM.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Ring-a-round the rosie,
    A pocket full of posies,
    Ashes! Ashes!
    We all fall down.

🛠 Tool wench 500+ kung fu jesus's Avatar
    Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyFace View Post
    Do you know the chain of events? Did the Doctor get infected treating a patient, did she pass it on to her husband and then to the children? I'm just curious, what is the role of the asymptomatic person? Do they pass it on to others with no effects to themselves?

I was born at the beginning of the Atomic age, I survived without being infected with Polio, earthquakes in San Francisco twice. I was in the Air Force at the very beginning of the Viet Nam complied my tour of duty before being deployed to Viet Nam. Retired and moved to Florida and lived through 4 major Hurricanes, and now I am housebound because of COVID 19. I'm 3 months and one week away from my 80th birthday. Is my luck about to dry up, if just one person sneezes, coughs or tushes me?
    She was infected treating patients, she is a surgeon. It spread to rest of the family then on; a toddler and a 6 yo. Her husband displayed very minimal to no signs.

In my position, I have to look at the pandemic both wholistically and from an OSHA/workplace environment to protect my staff and clients. It is two sides of the same coin, but infuriatingly disappointing when massive efforts to be responsible and considerate are ignored. There are also large discrepancies from state to state that I operate business in that exacerbate the issues. Essentially, I shoot for the greatest protection mandates and disregard the doubters. No one on my staff has contracted it yet. Legally, there is still much unknown, but it has also been an aspect that has been unique from an operations point of view.

Personally, when at home, we stay there. I handle all the shopping so we can minimize the risk and contact. I have a better awareness for the risks and it has worked thus far. I still exercise normally, never been a gym person. Our dogs are stuck to their regular routines inside the neighborhood.

I remember having a conversation with my wife around early March that I thought we would be going through this for a year. I didnít believe the general public had the discipline or fear to be able to flatten the curve, and it was obvious then that the pandemic would be politicized. I dislike being correct about that very much. We have adjusted to pandemic/quarantine life. The best advice I offer to others is to stick to facts, get them from straight sources and rely on critical thinking to make your best defense. If you cannot determine if your sources are legitimate, then you need to be able to corroborate the facts you are discerning from multiple sources to validate them. Itís sad but an unfortunate reality in these times. Logic, knowledge, and reason are your best weapons.

9. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Drives
    '00 Miat & 2019 Mazda 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Wishing all well. Here in NY after screwing up at first, we have gotten our act together. I decided early to take the year off. It was made easy when my local club (Niagara Miata Club) cancelled the whole year's schedule! How are all of you doing?I do iss the weekend Dawn Patrol. Stay safe and if only be yourself, get out and drive!

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:	11234BF4-224D-4258-9334-D37390F87D29.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	4429

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:	A2A074ED-42A3-43C1-990E-EF3B6BCE110B.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	4440