Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Father, son Corvette street race ends in arrests 9 months later

Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Father, son Corvette street race ends in arrests 9 months later

Drag racing father and son charged 9 months after crashing Corvettes in Lincoln Tunnel
    By Patrick Villanova | The Jersey Journal
    Updated Nov 27, 11:54 AM;Posted Nov 27, 11:24 AM
    Source: https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/11/dr...ln-tunnel.html

Forget the fast and the furious, a New Jersey father and son were just dumb and dumber.

Nine months after the two men drag raced through the Lincoln Tunnel and caused a multi-vehicle crash, authorities have booked them on charges of first-degree reckless endangerment, engaging in an illegal speed contest, and reckless driving, Port Authority police spokeswoman Lenis Rodrigues said.

“We are committed to tracking down people who commit this type of reckless behavior and prosecuting them. In doing so, we hope to deter others from doing the same,” said Port Authority Police Chief Detective Matthew Wilson.

Chadwick Quinones, 25, of the Hewitt section of West Milford, was initially issued three summonses in Weehawken following the 10 p.m. incident in the tunnel’s north tube on Feb. 9. Quinones fled the scene but returned 90 minutes later and admitted that he was involved, and was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, failure to exhibit registration and careless driving, Rodrigues said.

But authorities reopened their investigation when they found dashcam video posted on Instagram that showed Quinones and his father, Fred Ordine, 44, racing their Corvettes through the tunnel, Rodrigues said.

The footage shows one of the Corvettes rear-ending another vehicle, which collides with the other Corvette and causes it to spin out and crash into the tunnel walls.

Quinones took the video down from his Instagram page after being asked about it by detectives, but the footage has been reposted by other accounts, police added.

The father and son were arrested Tuesday on the new charges in New York state.

Luckily, no one was injured in Feb. 9 incident.

This may not have been Quinones’ first foray into racing. In September 2017, he posted a dashcam video of three cars — two Infinitis and an Audi — weaving in and out of traffic on a highway.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Father, son Corvette street race ends in arrests 9 months later

You have to be careful posting anything that might get you caught later. I found out that one of my YouTube videos was shown in a McDowell County Commissioner meeting, when locals were arguing for more LEO presence on NC 226A (The Diamondback). I made the video private after. According to news coverage, the Sheriff argued that the number of accidents on that stretch did not warrant additional enforcement.
    '93 (Red no more). 15x10, Xida CS, Torsen, Carbotech, Racing Beat, Enthuza, Rotrex C30-74, Precision FMIC, Tial, Skunk2, Haltech, Momo, Hard Dog, LanceSpeed, Blackbird Fabworx, etc.

3. Likes minuteman048 liked this post
    Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a different world now. I see the Chinese have cameras with facial recognition everywhere now. If you jaywalk, it lowers your personal credit score to the point where you will be denied the ability to fly, take a train or rent an apartment.

Now I see TV commercials here about checking out your date’s “personal score.” WTH? Get a speeding ticket or be late on a bill and you’re persona non grata for life in the dating world....unless you pay them a fee to clean up your personal score I’m sure.

I sure hope that picture of me with my arm around my girlfriend’s waist in 1982 doesn’t surface or I’ll be doing life in prison and a $100M lawsuit.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to ask you for more details, but I decided not to.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

No details heh heh. I’m just saying if you pat somebody on the back 40 years ago, you lose your career today.