Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Excessive crankcase pressure

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Excessive crankcase pressure

Impressive Joe, you do good work, I was thinking in terms of a square catch can. You are doing this to reduce excessive oil pressure?
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s just to reduce excess blow by, caused by increased pressure, when in boost. I’ve essentially doubled the horsepower. With the added hp the stock motor needs to vent more.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Post Thanks / Like

More fun facts. When removing a dried pcv grommet, it must break and fall into the valve cover.

I got the fitting I was waiting for and it was too damn big for the pcv grommet. I have a new grommet and it seems like a 1/2" Barb will work in it. I'm pretty sure I can get it at home depot. Now my decision is do I wait for the powder coated to finish my other valve cover, or take this one off, get the grommet out and reinstall it. I expect the powder coat to be done today. I only have the Miata so I can't pick it up unless I ride my bike to my wife's school and go through a bunch of security, just to get her van. Too antsy to wait until tomorrow.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

That happened to me once and in falls into a box you have to unscrew the cover off to get it out from the inside. Thankfully it does not fall into the valve train.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement