Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ugly Betty

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    A brake upgrade would be nice.
    Brake upgrade is in the works, going to do pads, rotors, and calipers. But looking for another oe+ upgrade. But it stops as right now, I'll address the brakes after a couple shake down drives. Trying to get the big money stuff out of the way.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

So ugly Betty, is still ugly.

BUT I did get some goodies a little while ago that will make her a little less sore on the eye. Not sure how many remember my black miata, but j found a good deal on some bsp dual low pro headlights. They are in somewhat rough condition, and I'm in the process of restoring them to their former glory. I'm trying a new photo site, so well see if it works.. I topl one headlight apart just to see what happens

https://i.imgur.com/bESxEBC.jpg

Also, going out of the norm for what I use to do. Finally ride height is about 4.25" all around from the pinch welds to the ground. I do have some more fender/body work to do, in order to get everything to look right. And yes, I ditched the fender flares. I couldn't bring myself to cut the rear quarter panels...This is ugly Betty at her first home visit

https://i.imgur.com/8jRfXfe.jpg

In the process of ordering some black, textured plastic to redo the door cards. While await a stupid good deal on tan interior swap.

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been hoping to see some progress pics!

I do like those headlights, I need to look out for a set

Car doesn't look nearly as ugly as I remember, so you are definitely going in the right direction with the build!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see that you haven't lost interest in this one. Looks like it's coming together. Keep up the good work.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysz28 View Post
    I have been hoping to see some progress pics!

I do like those headlights, I need to look out for a set

Car doesn't look nearly as ugly as I remember, so you are definitely going in the right direction with the build!
    Still ugly lol, itll be a minute before she gets paint. Working in getting a bunch of turbo stuff, and wanting to get started in the body work.

And I've always loved my bsp low profile lights. I'd advise on getting some RS active ones if you can get them for a good price!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morreale View Post
    Good to see that you haven't lost interest in this one. Looks like it's coming together. Keep up the good work.
    I WONT be getting rid of this one, I've been without a miata for way too long. Progress might slow down here and there. But this one will be the one I keep forever

6. Likes Jaysz28 liked this post
    ✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the head lights they remind me of the quad headlights installed on Rally cars.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

So... I bought another miata..
    https://i.imgur.com/ZBokXqZ.jpg

9. Likes Jaysz28 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You got me with that one. I thought your mistaholic sickness returned.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

11. Likes pdexta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morreale View Post
    You got me with that one. I thought your mistaholic sickness returned.
    Hahaha me too!! I was thinking, "Noooo! Mike's ADD is on a off the charts!"
    Scott
    2001 Honda S2000 ♦ 6sp
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, well I did get my black one back. But I'm always ready for another 500.00 miata!