Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long time no see?

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Long time no see?

Hey guys, been a member since the beginning but have taken yet another long hiatus.

So I figured I should probably post an intro for all the new members who have joined.

The name's Mike, and inohasmiata right now. Have owned 4 over time, along with just a bunch of beaters, and a motorcycle. The one everyone here might recognize is my old slammed flat black/rat rodish/hooptie.

I'll try to find some pictures to post, but hope to catch up with everyone!! Loved being part of the group, and there was plenty of awesome active members back then, who were more than willing to lend a hand when needed!

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Long time no see?

Welcome back. Still have the video of us driving to Miatapalooza in 2011 with you dating the black ops NA.You are the 3rd Miata being passed.

Last edited by minuteman048; 01-19-2017 at 03:29 AM.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back man. Thinking about getting another one?
    Scott
    2001 Honda S2000 ♦ 6sp
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, man! The prodigal son returns. I had a feeling you'd show up one day but wasn't sure if you were still alive after getting a motorcycle.

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

Haha very much still alive, and man I haven't had that motorcycle for about 3 years now.

And Scott, I always have the itch to get another one. But trying to fix, and sell a few cars to start funding projects.

It'll either be a miata, or mk1 vw rabbit truck (caddy) with a diesel 5 speed. But who knows, I'm constantly all over the place with what I want to get next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, My name is Mario, it's a pleasure to meet one of the original members. I joined in Mar 2014 when I bought a 2014 MX-5 6sp Manual trans, Grand Tourer Blk Mica with a Cocoa/Cinemon soft top, sport handling package Bernie or Alex called it SmileyFace, I don't remember who said it first but I liked it.
    I look forward to see pictures of your Marta's that you have owned. I'm alone time owner of various Sport-cars.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I believe I have some threads from way back in the beginning, kind of small build threads, or little projects I attempted to do.

But here's a quick run down on the ones I had that actually made it to the road.

My first one, 1990 1.6, got it for 600 bucks from a old shop teacher. Having the stuck in reverse problem. Pdexta sent me info on how to fix it. Thus eventually leading up to this picture. The install of swift springs/tokico shocks and pdexta's house

Heading to the 2011 all miata meet with the gearheads. Fresh crap rattle can job, lowered on race lands before they becuae expensive. With TR motorsport wheels.

Slammed, on the same Raceland coilovers, with rolled fenders, and extremely molested fenders, rolling on 15x10 et0 diamond racing wheels.

Sold the black car in order to get the bike, which I owed for about 6 months. Got it for 3k with 13,000 miles, trade it with 26,000 miles for the blue miata also pictured. Mods know the miata; foameconomy seat mod, coil overs, full racing beat exhaust (header back) w/ unknown brand test pipe, factory hardtop. R package from and rear lips.

Never got to mount side splitters I got from Alex (yellow Yata whom I'm now guessing is the orange something that posted above? Sorry couldn't remeber the screen name whole typing this on my phone. Lol)

Where it eventually made it ways to miata heaven. Where everyday, is a good drive on the dragons tail. It was parted out, and it's death was in vain. Due to me being to kind to my now ex fiance. Long story, and could be told over beers.

There has been 2 others, that I attempted to do full on projects with. But came to a halt due to code enforcement. And someone with a grudge. Those are the builds somewhere in the archives. I'll attempt to look for them when I'm actually at a computer

8. Thanks Agent☣Orange thanked for this post
    Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you join us on our next Tuesday night meet to be scheduled. Looking forward to those beers.
    Last edited by minuteman048; 01-22-2017 at 05:32 AM.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

As slim as the possibility of me being able to make it to a meet is. So I moved the the try so I zoom

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IhasMIATA? View Post
    As slim as the possibility of me being able to make it to a meet is. So I moved the the try so I zoom

As slim as the possibility is of me making it to a meet. I'll try? But it's highly unlikely, just moved again. New job still settling in at

All In all, meets don't happen for me much between work, side jobs and whatever my girlfriends recruiter me for