Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MP3 player in 01 with Bose system?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MP3 player in 01 with Bose system?

I'm wondering if I'm going to need speaker baffles for all 4 speakers. What do you think? See them about $10 a pair. I'm going over my budget.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

They're handy to keep off water inside Miata doors. Don't really have to order them since they're also about $10 at Autozone here.

Post Thanks / Like

Had to do a little disassembling to get the parcel shelf out. I removed the center console, wind blocker, seat belts, door sills, "B" pillar plastics and a part of the wiring harness just to make this mess.

I was trying to find a good spot for my 5 1/4'' speakers. This is about the only spot on the parcel that they will come near to fitting without cutting heavy metal bracing that is on the back. The speaker grill sticks off the edge about 1/2''. I think I'm going to have to live with it. With the carpet on it should reduce the overhang by a little. I should get my installation kit on Thur. I'll have everything then.

2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm getting soft. I started working at the upholstery shop last week. I think my 1st paycheck is going to go to this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48SqFt-Inter...-/281674692395

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like you can still go back and to the left with that speaker. I don't recall overhang on my previous installations. Aren't you glad you didn't get those 6x9s now?

So when do you want to come over?

Post Thanks / Like

The 6x9s would have been a waste. Install kit won't be here until Thur. and the weekend is race days. Let me know if you can work in a day next week and I'll make sure I don't have to work that day. That will give me some time to cut the holes. I will move them further out to the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordering the insulation tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

In the matter which everything was going wrong yesterday I broke one of the little horizontal strips on the radio surround. I then realized the the windblocker completely covers my rear speakers. Never did think that wind blocker did much anyway. So it's gone for now. Then the finisher was I decided to look at the wiring harness. It has 2 plugs. Only one fits my system. According to this post:
    http://miata.fosketts.net/index.php?...ds_terrible.21

They says that Crutchfield will sell you a ma03 adapter. A ma02 is required. The ma03, which I bought was $30. The other $5. I started to get pissed. As soon as I can get on live chat I'm going to get something done about it

Post Thanks / Like

Got online with Crutchfield online support. Spent 20 minutes or so before the "tech" tells me that the online support is for sales only. I will have to call. Call and within 5 minutes i get a tech. He says the harness is for multiple vehicles and the plug that doesn't fit anything just hangs there. When I asked about the remaining factory plug that will have no connection he said it is a communication port? Just leave it hanging and hook up the wires from their harness as marked and leave that one hanging as well. This is a little confusing. I hope Yata can figure it out.

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, that harness you bought is meant to connect an aftermarket stereo to the factory Bose amps. we're not even going to use the Bose amps so all we need is a simple harness with power, ground and memory. Typically, it's just red, black, yellow and blue wires. I'd just return that expensive one.