Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Clutch Hydraulics

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch Hydraulics

Ok guys, so tomorrow I decided I'm going to go ahead and do the hydraulic system for my clutch tomorrow .... I honestly don;t think it will last until December, so to make the drive up I better go ahead and get it done. I'm going to replace the Master, Slave, and put in SS Line. Now a few questions. I have seen the videos on line and read forums about it.

Should I start with the master and work my way down? And do I not bleed the system until the new system is installed or before? or both?

Thanks. Will post photos tomorrow in my build thread as well (Which probably needs cleaned up. I stuffed it up with pointless posts.)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clutch Hydraulics

I think I'd go out and crack the slave cylinder open the night before I started and throw a pan under it to catch brake fluid, hopefully by the time you're going to work on it most of the brake fluid will have drained out.

I'm not sure order matters too much but personally I'd start with the slave/ss line. You can connect the stainless line to the new slave before putting them in. Once they're in, you want to bench bleed the master first to get the air out so it'll bleed properly once installed. If you do the master first, you give it more time to get air in it before getting the slave installed and making it a lot harder to get the bleeding started.

It's going to be a pain getting the stupid stock curly-q clutch line out, pretty sure you need some extensions and a swivel socket to get it off the transmission. After that it should be really simple.

You definitely don't want to bother bleeding anything until you get everything swapped in, that just gives you more brake fluid to dump on your floor/paint/shirt/face/mouth/etc.
    Scott
    2001 Honda S2000 ♦ 6sp
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. So tonight when I park it I'll crack the bleeder on the slave and drain it. Put some plastic tubing on it and into a jar.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll need about 18'' of extensions to get at the bolt that holds the bracket on the bellhousing.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console