Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Other cars in club.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other cars in club.

Yata I am guilty as charged for not ask you for a ride or to drive, and not asking to look under the hood of your beautiful example of a modern day Corvette. My sense of you was that you were and are a Miata Fan at heart, but that you also have a preference for Corvettes. My immediate interest in Miatas comes from the fact that I was totally unaware of the Miata mystic and the vast world of Miata owners, Mod'ers, Wrenchers and drivers. I've been a Sports car fan since 1960 When I was stationed at March AFB near the town of Riverside Southern California and 4 miles from The Riverside Racer Track. And as I have posted before the all the sports cars I have own since 1964. I love small sleek roadsters and convertibles with high performance engines.

I Favor GM cars and in Particular BowTie Chevrolets, My favorite Corvettes are the 57, 63 convertible, 92-94 convertible and 2005. my biggest problem with corvettes after the 1992 is that they got larger and after the 2005 more stylist as big lambroginis. GM like Ford build muscle cars for the American Males who want big fast cars with more and more horsepower out of bigger and bigger engines. I wish that GM produced a lighter smaller Corvette model with a mid engine. I would love to see a 2016 Corvette with the specifications of Jim Hall's CanAm Chaparral and todays LS 7 engines with all the street amenities of a 2015 Corvette convertible.

I would like very much for you to kept your Corvette and also rebuild your favor Yellow Miata be it an NA,NB,NC or ND.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyFace View Post

I would love to see a 2016 Corvette with the specifications of Jim Hall's CanAm Chaparral and todays LS 7 engines with all the street amenities of a 2015 Corvette convertible.

I would like very much for you to kept your Corvette and also rebuild your favor Yellow Miata be it an NA,NB,NC or ND.

Almost but not quite..............t hey are bringing back a short Can Am series ( with the drivers feet safely tucked behind the crush zone. Featuring the LS 7. I will try and find the link to the series. Absolutely the sexiest race cars ever !

🗣 Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    Yata and I discussed possibly expanding the club to include other sports cars and looking for input from present members?

Considering other cars in a similar class (2-Seaters/4/6 Cylinder) such as:

Brit cars:

MGB, MGB-GT, MG Midget, Triumph, (Spitfire, TR6, TR7), Austin Bug-eye Sprite, Austin Healy, Sunbeam

Italian cars:

Fiat X1/9, 124 Spider, Alpha Romeo Spider,

German cars:

Porsche 914/914-6, Opel GT, VW Karman Ghia

Japanese Cars:

Datsun 240/260/280Z, 2000/SR/SP311, Honda S2000, Toyota MR2, Mazda RX7-(Early)

Miss anything? Any input?
    Considering how old even the late model rx7s are where do those stand ?? Hah

🗣 Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like

Also yellow I would love to see under your hood I didn't know you'd gotten a vettw would love to hear more about it if you don't want to flood this thread feel free to pm me

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tem View Post
    Considering how old even the late model rx7s are where do those stand ?? Hah
    No problem.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tem View Post
    Also yellow I would love to see under your hood
    Watch it buddy ! You're encroaching on MY territory.

🗣 Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 13 View Post
    Watch it buddy ! You're encroaching on MY territory.
    I apologize I didn't know you two were swapping exhaust manifolds

I'll be careful from now on sorry yellowyata guess I'llhave to make due with internet pics
    Last edited by Tem; 01-16-2015 at 08:43 AM.

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

:toomuch: you should only know the half of it

( pssst, don't tell anybody but he looks damned good in his bright Yellow sundress )

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Just pulling back into town (don't usually type anything by phone). Looks like I lit off a torch. As I said, it's just a minor rant because since we're talking about other cars, in the past year, I've had a 370Z and two Corvettes and not much interest from anyone. Haha, Thumper and Boris were the only ones to notice the sneaky switch to a Grand Sport though.

Anyway, the last thing I want is impart is a whiney "poor me" vibe where everyone feels awkward now and obligated to say something nice but thank you for the kind posts. I've just been wondering if my choices were intimidating or if people were getting the wrong impression. A lot of folks here have migrated from muscle cars to Miatas. I never had that chance and have always had small, four-cylinder cars but always wanting to check a Vette off my bucket list which I've finally done.

Really though, it's just a car and since I love cars and understand everyone else who loves their cars, I don't think I'm any different or better. It's not like I won a $300M lottery and showed up in a Bugatti Veyron with my nose stuck in the air. I just have a pretty Chevy that costs about the same as an NC for anyone wondering. I love lots of cars but the part I like best is how much their owners love them and love working on them. I don't care if it's a 70s Mini or a Datsun 510 or a nice Camaro. I like hearing their plans for this and that and that's really the camaraderie we share.

So we're still a Miata club sure, but we're also unique because we're not snobbish nor exclusionary like some other clubs. Along those lines, I don't want some official list of approved cars and excluded cars for our physical club. We're in no danger of losing our identity to the fart-can crowd so if you like cars and you want to come hang out with us, drink beer and talk shop, that's all good in my book.