Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  100
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37879297102107112117122127132133134135136137
Results 1,361 to 1,365 of 1365

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

First oil change on my new to me motor. I put 2500 miles on it and oil was still pretty clean.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    Starting to order parts for my clutch change out soon. Ordered rear main seal and input and output shaft seals for the transmission. Rear main seal arrived today.
    When do you plan on doing this. I've done a few clutches, I'm sure I can be of some help. Just make sure you have 18''-24'' of 1/2'' drive extensions for those hard to get at bellhousing bolts. A flex socket is probably needed too. Does Jack still have a tranny jack? It'll make lifting it a lot less neanderthal. Are you getting an upgraded clutch in anticipation of future forced induction? Now's the time to do it. FM's clutch is the best bang for the buck and feels stock. Holds up to somewhere around 300whp.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morreale View Post
    When do you plan on doing this. I've done a few clutches, I'm sure I can be of some help. Just make sure you have 18''-24'' of 1/2'' drive extensions for those hard to get at bellhousing bolts. A flex socket is probably needed too. Does Jack still have a tranny jack? It'll make lifting it a lot less neanderthal. Are you getting an upgraded clutch in anticipation of future forced induction? Now's the time to do it. FM's clutch is the best bang for the buck and feels stock. Holds up to somewhere around 300whp.
    OK, here it goes.

* Still negotiating with CFO on doing this but hoping some time in late December.
    * Have all the extensions I need and am well equipped. Did this job on Jack's car about two years ago and am familiar with doing this job.
    * Have access to Jack's transmission jack and would not start job without it.
    * Am getting the Goodwin Racing Happy Meal Combo which includes the Exedy Pressure Plate, Disk, Throw-out Bearing, Pilot Bushing, and a 12 lb forged steel one piece flywheel.

https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-1031COMBO.html

* This clutch meets or exceeds the FM one and is still tame enough for the street.

Exedy is a Mazda OEM clutch manufacturer so looking for some factory reliability.
    Last edited by minuteman048; 12-03-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

5. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Got your text. See you there.