PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Switch

bobpbgfl
02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Today I discovered a problem. There is a switch under the dash that monitors the clutch position. This switch is broken. Does anybody know what this switch is called or where I can order one. Also the piece that goes in the hole of the clutch arm is missing.

MMMX5
02-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Today I discovered a problem. There is a switch under the dash that monitors the clutch position. This switch is broken. Does anybody know what this switch is called or where I can order one. Also the piece that goes in the hole of the clutch arm is missing.

believe there is TWO switches; one is the starter interrupt switch (no start in gear)
the other disconnects the cruise control (tap brake or clutch while engaged, cruise disconnects)

clutch pedal position switch $12.88
http://parts.arlingtonmazda .com/product ... 0A%29.html (http://parts.arlingtonmazda .com/products/SWITCH%2CCLUTCH-%28LA01%252d66%252d4 90A%29.html)

bonus: you might want to bookmark "Rosenthal Arlington Mazda"
might turn out to be a good friend ...

oh I think that is a rubber grommet that pushes into the clutch arm hole

minuteman048
02-05-2012, 09:52 AM
White Knight had a problem witht eh Cruise Control switch. I'll text him to chime in. He might even have an old post on the forum. I'll do a search for it.

Could not find it. I texted him so he will respond. He had an NA with the same problem.

bobpbgfl
02-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Thats the part. Thanks for the link.

White Knight
02-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I was missing that rubber stop (blue in color) on mine which caused the cruise control not to work. But it looks like you found the switch you needed.

02-05-2012, 12:52 PM
It's always the first thing I check for cruise control problems.

MMMX5
02-12-2012, 09:22 AM
"I went autocrossing for the first time yesterday. Had a great time."

so did you get your clutch/cruise/rubber-stop thingy all fixed up ?
(ya need to qwit side-slipping that clutch pedal) :lol:

just curious (kinda how fast efficient Rosenthal is working)