Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When it rains, it pours (lawn equipment)

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: When it rains, it pours (lawn equipment)

Thanks for the tip! Can I get that at Autozone type stores or is it special order?

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

they should sell it by the foot behind the counter of any auto parts store

3. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm going to buy a few feet and replace everything when I'm just about out of fuel. It holds five gallons and I haven't mowed enough yet to burn through half that. I'm hoping the bottle of Sea Foam works but I'm pretty much going to get a replacement carb so I can just do a swap now and rebuild the original one as a spare this winter.

5. Likes Jaysz28 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You speak of things happening in threes. I was waiting for the third. A couple days ago, while defrosting something, my microwave erupted into a lightning storm with smoke. One dead microwave. Garbage goes out today. As I was carrying the microwave out to the garbage, my dryer went POP and black electrical smoke started pouring out of the back of it. It didn't throw the breaker and I had to hustle to get to the breaker to kill the power. I threw it out the door while it was still smoking. That completes my trouble of threes. A month ago, while cleaning under the hood of the stove, I leaned on the glass and broke the glass top. So this month. $900 for a stove, $500 for a dryer and $200 for a microwave. All my play money is getting eaten up but busted home appliances!
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

7. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, never fails. When one thing breaks down around here, I dread what's going to break down next. I know it's superstitious but when it keeps happening that way....makes you wonder. And these aren't the good 'ol days for me anymore. I can't absorb replacing broke down appliances so everything has to last.

I'm surprised your 220V dryer didn't trip the breaker as it should have. Maybe you should replace it with a new one or drop down in amps. For instance, maybe you have a 20amp breaker for a dryer that only uses 10amps.

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

just not fun spending money on stuff that isnt' fun to use

I had my dryer belt break, and now the dishwasher rack wheels are just popping off

I wonder what is next

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

That's just it for me. I've always thought that there are two ways to spend money on a house: repairs and upgrades. It's no fun spending money on repairs which seems to be the category I'm stuck in. If I have to spend money on replacing appliances, roof (per insurance), air conditioner, garage door, painting, new windows (per insurance), tree trimming etc., it only gets the house back to where it was before.

If I could instead spend money on a new cement back patio with outdoor kitchen, pergola, new cement front patio, update kitchen and bathrooms, air conditioning for the garage, sprinkler system, dock on the canal etc, then it would be fun because I could enjoy more from my property and work on cars in the garage in the summer. I just can't can't get to any of these things nowadays.

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it your roof was replaced after Charlie??? I know mine was and it is coming up on 20 yrs old now

it sucks, but without a roof, the rest if pointless

The windows - meh - price out some shutters as hurricane windows are about 30k or so.

Sometimes I wonder who the insurance companies are getting kick backs from

FWIW - I have been in my house 11 yrs and still haven't put A/C in the back garage. I did finally get a lift put in this year though!

It all takes time when projects like that cost a couple of grand

again, all the windows and a/c are worthless without a roof