Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: IhasMIATA?'s umpteenth miata

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: IhasMIATA?'s umpteenth miata

Got my lines in Monday, and finally got a chance to install, and bleed the brakes.

I was worried at first, after reading more on their website about having a softer pedal after installing the upgraded calipers. And after vacuum bleeding not working 100%, had a friend jump in, and do it the manual way. The brake pedal feels better than it ever has.

Yet, with more reading, I'm now worries about having more front bias braking.

Haven't had a chance to road test the car, as the rollbar is in the car, but not secured. Seems to be slightly "tweaked", so the mounts that go to seat be retractor aren't lining up.

I'll be messing with that more Thursday/Friday after work, or taking it back out for the time being. So I can drive it a little bits before our first autox a little later this month!

As for nearish future mods:

I'm getting a bp4w head from a close buddy, a hopefully switching to COPS, and getting a stand alone

:Noise is the video is from fresh brakes, and the wheel lugs are on hand tight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210831_172640292.jpg   IMG_20210901_180623932.jpg   IMG_20210831_170746515_HDR.jpg  

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

can you bolt up one side of the rollbar than use a porta power or even a ratchet strap to pull the other side into position?

as far as the brake bias is concerned, the willwoods are just going to amplify the stock brake bias, which is basically the harder you push the pedal, the more the bias goes to the front

I installed an adjustable prop valve and have it wide open to the rears with no hint of rear lock up, even in the rain while running the sport brakes.

with that said, the stock 1.6 brakes are more than enough brakes for such a light car, or so says my boss...... but he doesn't believe in spending money on something that slows you down

3. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh mamaaa... looking rad !!!

Are you considering R8 cops?

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Jason: Neither side is really wanting to line up, I finally got one bolt to line up, all my straps have gone missing between coworkers borrowing them, or getting broken.

Gonna get to the hardware store here shortly, and just get slightly long bolts to pull it in, then start the drilling.

Tristan: Most likely going to go with LS coils when I get to that point.

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

well that is certainly strange - I wonder if the bar got tweaked in a wreck???

Either way, I am certain you will be able to persuade it into place

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I got it done. It's mounted and most the interior is back in. But I still need to trim the side trim, and do something with the seat belt tower, the belt binds up really bad. But it's in.

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

the seatbelt issue is with every rollbar

I have a big binder clip on mine at just the right length so I don't have to mess with it.

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem with mine. I think it's just universal. I think I remember Flyin Miata or maybe Boss Frog selling some kind of seatbelt device that bolted to the B pillar that pushed the belt more toward the shoulder and end the binding.

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

On the boss frog one I had, I had a harness, so never had this issue. I'm gonna make a spacer and route the seat belt to the inside of the rollbar.

Picking up the bp4w engine from my friend tonight

I'll order the headgasket, and everything for it within the next couple weeks. In the meantime I'll clean everything up and getting it looking nice before install

11. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Bp4w aquired

Probably going to bring it to the shop, and start cleaning up the head, and intake. Dremel down all the casting marks, make it smooth and give it a silver paint job.

During install I'll probably pull the engine, and trans. Give everything a good power washing, and fresh coat of paint.

Gates timing belt, and water pump kit. Along with deleting/relocating some stuff in the engine bay.

Some stuff with start getting done before the swap is done to minimize down time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210910_225610321.jpg  

13. Likes Jaysz28, Agent☣Orange liked this post