Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: We want to buy your house!

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

We want to buy your house!

Jeebus! It's like 3-4 time per week now! I get mail in my box about wanting to buy my house. People leave flyers on my door wanting to buy my house. I even got a handwritten letter, yes actual pen ink on paper from someone functioning on a fifth-grade level wanting to buy my house immediately.

I wouldn't even have to move my things out as they'll gladly dispose of all my worldly possessions for me. All I have to do is accept a check for one-third my house's value and just drive off.

Arrrrgh!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: We want to buy your house!

Put a $1 million for sale by owner sign in the front yard. If they still want it, sounds like a fair deal to me!
    Scott
    2001 Honda S2000 ♦ 6sp
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

3. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    ⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy who does real estate and every week he tells me what I can sell my house for..... and its a lot of money

however

wtf am I going to replace it with? Houses are selling in days, not weeks. Anything that I want is at least 3 times what my house would sell for. Plus I'd have to find storage for most of my stuff between houses

so I did the right thing and just widened my driveway. Now I have more parking. :)

5. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. Houses are being snapped up even above asking price within hours by the investment firms and hedge funds, diminishing the supply of affordable housing for normal buyers. The investor class is so flush with cash, they're rushing to buy up properties to park their money. Normal buyers going through the months-long loan process don't stand a chance. We're going to become a nation of renters. I could sell my house tomorrow but probably couldn't afford to buy a single-wide by the landfill.

Seems like everyone wants to buy my car too. They're offering me $5K more for my Soul than what I owe so I thought maybe I could use that toward a bigger Sportage or Santa Fe but they're over $5K overpriced (+$1000 dealer fees on top of everything) which makes upgrading a terrible financial decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda off topic but I've been painting my house. I've had at least half a dozen people, who were cruising for houses, want to know if I wanted to sell it. Like everyone else, I can get four times what I paid for it but that wouldn't buy me a pickup truck with a load of pressure treated plywood.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

8. Likes Jaysz28 liked this post
    Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Scott's idea. I might pick up a For Sale By Owner sign and list mine for $2 million, firm. Don't knock on my door with anything less.

10. Likes Jaysz28 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
    Put a $1 million for sale by owner sign in the front yard. If they still want it, sounds like a fair deal to me!
    Agree! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agent☣orange View Post
    i like scott's idea. I might pick up a for sale by owner sign and list mine for $2 million, firm.
    :D lol