Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Building Custom Arduino-Controlled Gauges for a Mazda Miata

  1. #1
    Original Gearhead Tristan75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like

    Building Custom Arduino-Controlled Gauges for a Mazda Miata

    Found this some time ago... what do you think?

    Don't know ... if this guy end ed up making it work.

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3qhVrqG61mg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer ; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2nkTm1LU_cA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer ; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

    His youtube channel is interesting, lot of mods.

  2. #2
    ⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Building Custom Arduino-Controlled Gauges for a Mazda Miata

    I saw this today - might see if we start offering it in our spec miata builds

    https://www.theonegauge.com/product/...5-cluster-kit/

  3. #3
    Individual-1 ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    KIA Soul
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Port Charlotte, FL
    Posts
    11,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Building Custom Arduino-Controlled Gauges for a Mazda Miata

    That is super cool! Looks like there's space on either side to add more gauges (as it needs more) or a clock/timer or shift light.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	680583F6-239C-4E33-9358-84321C00D4A2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	4690

  4. #4
    Individual-1 ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    KIA Soul
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Port Charlotte, FL
    Posts
    11,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Building Custom Arduino-Controlled Gauges for a Mazda Miata

    I'd love to play with an Arduino project. It seems like most new cars are switching to digital screens that can be configured in multiple ways. Even car stereos now are just a 7" tablet screen with a wiring module. Thanks for the links!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan75 View Post
    Found this some time ago... what do you think?

    Don't know ... if this guy end ed up making it work.

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3qhVrqG61mg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer ; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2nkTm1LU_cA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer ; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

    His youtube channel is interesting, lot of mods.

  5. #5
    Original Gearhead Tristan75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Building Custom Arduino-Controlled Gauges for a Mazda Miata

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysz28 View Post
    I saw this today - might see if we start offering it in our spec miata builds

    https://www.theonegauge.com/product/...5-cluster-kit/
    Thanks for the link, looks nice, but I think I prefer the one up, as it keeps the Miata cluster OEM look, but digital.

  6. #6
    Original Gearhead Tristan75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Building Custom Arduino-Controlled Gauges for a Mazda Miata

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    I'd love to play with an Arduino project. It seems like most new cars are switching to digital screens that can be configured in multiple ways. Even car stereos now are just a 7" tablet screen with a wiring module. Thanks for the links!
    welcome!!

    I've been investigating.... and found those digi gauges:

    https://4dsystems.com.au/ulcd-220rd-ar


  7. Thanks Agent☣Orange thanked for this post
    Likes Jaysz28 liked this post
  8. #7
    Individual-1 ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    KIA Soul
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Port Charlotte, FL
    Posts
    11,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Building Custom Arduino-Controlled Gauges for a Mazda Miata

    Hey, what happened to the Youtube videos?

  9. #8
    Original Gearhead Tristan75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Building Custom Arduino-Controlled Gauges for a Mazda Miata

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange;6 6016
    Hey, what happened to the Youtube videos?
    Have to check?

    Tried to put and , but doe doesn’t work.

Similar Threads

  1. Building a modified Mazda MX-5/ Miata to beat a new Porsche Boxster (Pt 2)
    By minuteman048 in forum Automotive-related chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-22-2015, 08:48 PM
  2. Win a set of Revlimiter gauges on MR!
    By Agent☣Orange in forum Automotive-related chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 02:37 PM
  3. Digital gauges in cluster- expose circuit board or not?
    By in forum Automotive-related chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 11:04 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •