Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: V-8 Miata $7400!

Post Thanks / Like

V-8 Miata $7400!

I was cruising craiglist and saw this. Would be a decent deal for someone looking for a hot rod. Carburetors no electronic fuel injection. Has ac.

https://treasure.craigslist.org/cto/...001005988.html
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: V-8 Miata $7400!

All i need is some disposable income.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering what type of differential, I would think that the standard Miata diff wouldn't last very long with the torque from a V8 engine. I also think that if you bought that car you would need plenty of disposable cash not knowing how well it was put together.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyFace View Post
    I'm wondering what type of differential, I would think that the standard Miata diff wouldn't last very long with the torque from a V8 engine. I also think that if you bought that car you would need plenty of disposable cash not knowing how well it was put together.
    All V-8 conversions have upgraded front and rear sub frames using either a Ford or GM differential. I think Jack's car had a Ford differential.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

With all that for that price, I’d just buy it assuming I’d have to get an old Thunderbird rear end anyway although I suspect he didn’t neglect that either.