Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Honda Civic DD - The Easter Egg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2016 Honda Civic DD - The Easter Egg

Wow, $35k civic seems crazy. Sounds like you made the right choice.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
    Wow, $35k civic seems crazy. Sounds like you made the right choice.
    Scott, I check the prices of the 2016 Civics and the $35k would be the max for the TB with all the extras of the EX and every bell and whistle available. If I replace my 2012 Civic in 20120 I wonder if the TB model is still available, by that time the Civic maybe Electric/Hybred only.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true. The pinnacle of the Civic is the EX-L Touring with all options for $35K but at that level, why bother with a Civic when a fully equipped Accord would cost the same? If you just want a decent DD, then you should be able to get a very nice, brand new Civic between $18K-$23K depending on options.

I have to say, the latest Civic is super nice! The chassis is noticeably more solid and the sound deadening is amazing. It feels quieter and more luxurious than the previous Accord we had. Power is nice too but wasn't my main concern. Nevertheless, put it in S and 174HP really gets this thing going (like pushed back into the seat type of going) and for the first time in a Civic, you don't notice how fast you're going until you look down at the speedo and need to hit the brakes a little.

They gave me a 2014 Civic loaner while they kept the new car overnight for window tinting and detailing. The 2014 Civic was one of my considerations before going with the superior Mazda6. It was a night and day difference in ride quality and appointment between the '14 and the '16 Civics.

You know how there are some stretches of roads (such as bridges and overpasses) that are made of a different materials that really rumbles the inside of the car? Well driving the '14 Civic was exactly that ALL the time. It was comparatively loud, clunky and felt like a cheap ride from the 70s.

Compare that to the next generation Civic which is what I have now and Honda nailed it. It is quiet, fast, feels solid and comfortable not to mention the stated 40mpg (38.6 in my actual usage between city and highway miles). And mine is just a step above entry level, not even the nicer Civic tiers out there. I really don't get excited about a DD I'm just leasing for a few years but so far, I'm very impressed with it.

Mario, if you're looking to buy one, you won't be sorry checking out the 10th gen Civic. Well actually you would because after the test drive, you'll regret having to go back to your old one. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad for you they finally addressed the road noise issue. I had a loaner on vacation and swapped it out after two days to get rid of the road noise headache!

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it would be nice to have a turbo Civic, but Brenda doesn't like the new body shape. Also with only 25K miles on 2012 FN we are looking foreword to the next 2 years with only 1 car payment.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.