Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 454596469747984899499100101102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,038 of 1038

Thread: Thoroughly modding Minnie

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    The tapered fronts look like they'd provide for easier door closing. Any idea how thick the rubber coating is? I checked out the guy's website; lotsa nice stuff! I like the cup holder. I had something similar made for Porsche that mounted down by the seat rail.
    Kind of hard to tell. There is a little bit of give but you have to squeeze the bushing hard to get it. I don't know how proprietary the material is, you could ask Harry to see if he would share that information. I really like some of his other stuff too. I might see if he can make me one of those mounts for the MS trap timer I have like he did for himself.

2. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally set about repacking my new rear wheel bearings. Followed basically the same procedure as I used for the fronts with some slight differences. There are two seals on the rears and I didn't see any way of removing them without damage so they stayed in. I did end up removing the backing spring as they kept popping out and that was easier (don't lose them). Same for the balls and retainers, everything was tight in there. I wedged pennies between the two inner races, drove out the first one then flipped the bearing over and drove out the second one. It seemed like there was a slight difference in the curvature of the two races so I made sure not to mix them up. I wiped out as much of the old grease as I could, it was white which I have never seen in a bearing grease. Then I soaked it in hot water and the same Oil Eater cleaner I used on the fronts. Took several washes/blowing out with air in order to remove the old grease since nothing could be taken apart. Then in with the new synthetic grease, install the seal springs and put the races back in. Note with this step you have to be careful that the lip of the seal doesn't get folded under the race. Those are both done and ready for installation.

4. Likes Agent☣Orange, Jaysz28 liked this post
    🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Washed her dirty butt two days ago. Also started the installation of my air line from the compressor location to the hose reel by the garage door (finally).

Had to order a couple of fittings to finish, those came in today. This means I won?t have to run the air hose from the compressor all the time when I need it in the driveway. I am a little concerned about others using it because of the proximity of the hose reel to the Miata, but I can fix that while I'm gone.

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thoroughly modding Minnie

I have to do the very same thing. I have the compressor and the 100ft. retractable reel but I need to find a place to mount it and run a hose to it like you did, probably with an air dryer considering the humidity down here. I also need a 220V box installed.

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today I finally got around to adding an electrical receptacle by the garage door. I did this mainly to make things easier when using the Miata's battery charger while gone. Bonus is it means I won't have to run an extension cord when vacuuming cars outside etc. No pictures as all I had to do was drill a hole through two 2X4s, go into the attic and run the wire, figure out which circuit breaker fed the receptacle I was tying into, then hook everything up and check for voltage. Just a simple little up-and-down job.
    Last edited by chiefmg; 04-20-2021 at 06:16 PM.

8. Likes Agent☣Orange, Jaysz28 liked this post
    Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing some electrical too. It's been impossible to find 2-gang boxes here for some reason. I had to order from Amazon and wait a week. I was just up in the attic running speaker wire I've been meaning to do for years now. Trying to rush everything before the attic turns into a convection oven.

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    I've been doing some electrical too. It's been impossible to find 2-gang boxes here for some reason. I had to order from Amazon and wait a week. I was just up in the attic running speaker wire I've been meaning to do for years now. Trying to rush everything before the attic turns into a convection oven.
    Better git 'er done soon then.

Gave her a bath, pulled into the garage and connected the battery charger for her nap.

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

Got it all done. Six speakers inside, two outside (patio), 300ft of speaker wire, two packs of cable staples, worn knee pads and a bottle of Tylenol. I did most of the work between 10pm-2am during a couple of recent cold fronts. Now I won't have to crawl up there until next year.