Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Suspension Finally - Koni Race/Sport with GC Sleeves and Eibach Springs- Thoughts ?

Post Thanks / Like

New Suspension Finally - Koni Race/Sport with GC Sleeves and Eibach Springs- Thoughts ?

I have lamented my old suspension for long enough and finally have the dough to get a proper suspension.

I was originally going to go with the FM Vmaxx Track Pack since they seem to be plug and play and decent for the money. After talking with Boris though on Facebook he swayed me to the popular Koni Race/Sport setup. Shit is getting expensive though, haha.

1. Going to need proper bumpstops (FCM), NB Tophats and hardware, and all the other jazz.

http://5xracing.com/i-20994479-5x-ra...zda-miata.html $395

2. 2x Koni race for the front- even though I'm getting the NB mounting gear everyone says the NA Koni Races still work with some small modifications.

http://5xracing.com/i-6762609-koni-f...zda-miata.html $540

3. 2x Koni sport for the rear since the springs rates aren't too high.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda...t/20-1106.html $286

4. GC Coilover sleeves with Eibach springs, 6" Front 700 / 7" Rear 400 $429

http://www.ground-control-store.com/...tion.php?II=44

Grand Total: $1650

Let me know what you guys think and if I am wrong with the fact that the NA Koni Race shocks work with the NB hardware.

Buying the shocks at two different sites because it is cheaper that way. Will probably pull the trigger tomorrow so please tell me I'm ****ing up if I am.

I intend to autocross the car more and more even though I daily drive it and I'm 23 years old and I dont care if the suspension beats my ass on the street. **** comfort.
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Ernest Hemingway

⚠️ Probationary 1-4
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Suspension Finally - Koni Race/Sport with GC Sleeves and Eibach Springs- Thoughts ?

You want to drive that setup before you buy ?
    I just finished setting up my friends car and the thing ROCKS !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Suspension Finally - Koni Race/Sport with GC Sleeves and Eibach Springs- Thoughts ?

That would be awesome. Is what I listed basically what you guys did? The minutia of suspension setups makes my head dizzy after too long, haha.
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Ernest Hemingway

⚠️ Probationary 1-4
    Post Thanks / Like

You're missing the front swaybar.

Too bad we didn't hookup sooner.
    I was beating the snot out of the car in the industrial park to the point that the local PoPo stopped me and told me to park it.
    He's usually very understanding but this car was loud and I was pushing things just a bit.
    I mean, I had an 8 cone slalom setup on a public street. Fun.

You can save some money by getting used springs (they don't ware out much) and ebay sleeves work quite well.
    Honda bumpstops are much cheaper than FatCat stuff so do some reading. Might be a good compromise.
    Shocks cost and those I would get new unless you find just the right set. I just picked up a mint set of Bilsteins for $300 which makes me happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I already have the 1.125 Tubular RB Sway Bar.

http://www.racingbeat.com/Miata-1990...ars/54105.html

Good to know, Ill look into the Honda bumpstops and used springs/ebay sleeves.

Standard diameter for the springs is 2.5" correct ?

⚠️ Probationary 1-4
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll have to do a "fun evening" next week and run both mine and my friends car back to back to back to back to back to back to,................. you get the picture.

⚠️ Probationary 1-4
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, on FB right now.

"7. koni yellows with ground control system/ bump stops /eibach spring rates front 500/rear 320 - $800 obo both have lifetime warranty. 4 months old on ground control year on koi yellow have original box for ground control"

and more

🗣 Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn Boris that sounds like an outstanding deal !! Someone should buy it ha-ha op doo ittt

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't find those on Facebook and considering the spring rates I want up front I would still need to buy the Koni Race and new front springs and who knows what size bumpstops they have with them. In the end it would end up almost the same as brand new.

Honestly I was right about to pull the trigger on all of the parts, I had it all in carts and tallied up and looking at over 1700 dollars with shipping made me hold off. I'm very seriously considering just spending the extra 600 dollars and getting Xidas rather than dicking around with the Koni because it simply seems like they are the best and in a class of their own. Besides, they have a lifetime warranty. Still haven't made up my mind though.

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

Do it! IMO, better to spend upfront than spend the rest of the time wishing you had.