Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raceland coilover questions

Post Thanks / Like

Raceland coilover questions

I'm in need of shocks for my car. I have an extremely limited budget, but don't want to buy something that's going to break on me. Has anybody had experience with Raceland coilovers on a daily driver? The other forums slam them as junk. I was looking for objective opinions. I can't afford 1K for shocks. I'm not sure what other options I have. Glad to hear from anybody.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Joe, I can't help you with that... but I think I did read a post in the past on CR.net regarding Raceland coilovers.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. The CR bunch pretty much slams them as cheap junk. I was looking to see if anybody here has had them and what they thought, or any budget alternatives with a coilover systems.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help you either Joe, but I also need shocks I just haven't done any research on them yet.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Know a guy personally from the Miami group (TEM) that has them and is not happy with them, If I was you,I would price a set of stock shocks. They will make the car ride as good as it used to and I will even help you install them. There was nothing really wrong with the stock set up and handles great right out from the factory. Your shocks are shot and a new set will make it ride like new. Price them from Rosenthal's.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

I've been very happy with mine. When I first got them I set the car very very low and they seemed bouncy. Once I raised them back up, still low, but to a more reasonable height they seem to perform up to my expectations. I'm sure they wouldn't compare with a top of the line $2000+ suspension setup, but for the money they perform exceptionally well, in my opinion at least. Of course they aren't adjustable but the ride is certainly more firm than stock but still very reasonable for a daily driver.
    Scott
    2001 Honda S2000 ♦ 6sp
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

Post Thanks / Like

If I decided to go with just a shock replacement, what do you think of these?
    http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda...t/61-0194.html
    They have a lifetime warranty and are cheaper than oem.

💩 Dip stick 25+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morreale
    I'm in need of shocks for my car. I have an extremely limited budget, but don't want to buy something that's going to break on me. Has anybody had experience with Raceland coilovers on a daily driver? The other forums slam them as junk. I was looking for objective opinions. I can't afford 1K for shocks. I'm not sure what other options I have. Glad to hear from anybody.
    if you are looking for a shock that will last, then the riceland isn't for you. You can read about that plenty on CR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoKings
    if you are looking for a shock that will last, then the riceland isn't for you. You can read about that plenty on CR.
    Haven't had a problem with mine in the 2 years (25k miles) they've been on. :dunno
    Scott
    2001 Honda S2000 ♦ 6sp
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morreale
    If I decided to go with just a shock replacement, what do you think of these?
    http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda...t/61-0194.html
    They have a lifetime warranty and are cheaper than oem.
    Koni is top of the line stuff. I think you can't go wrong here. I would buy these.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement