Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC CAI thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

NC CAI thoughts

So I had a CAI intake on my civic SI for about a year until I took it off in fear of rain because of where it drops into the engine bay on the civic was right behind the fog light/ driver's front wheel. I just didn't feel secure for such little gains for the florida Summer rainstorms. Now on the NC it is hidden well behind the front bumper … Is it worth it to get a CAI … with the full exhaust and tuned? I think it might be worth a little something even if it's just a few HP … I saw the mightycarmods youtube episode where they tested them and when tuned, they def saw increased numbers. Not to mention the fact they have a beautiful ground in the mid to high rpm range. And the filters for the NC are dried not oiled. Thoughts? Forget price or dollar for dollar upgrades etc etc … just curious if at some point do you think it's worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NC CAI thoughts

Just my unsubstantiated opinion. I think you get a small bump in HP. What you really get is the sound. It makes your car sound more like a sports car. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on one. The knockoffs give you the same hp increase.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post an engine bay pic? Where does the stock intake pull air from? Is it just above the radiator? That seems like the perfect spot to me, nice cool air and no risk of sucking up water.

I've still got all this stuff that I can't give away: http://gearheadsmiataclub.net/vB/sho...rs-Tbolts-SOLD

Buy a $50 K&N filter to stick on the end and it'll be as good as any $300 intake you can buy.
    Scott
    2001 Honda S2000 ♦ 6sp
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

All CAIs and catback exhausts don't do much at all except sound good but combined with headers or other flow modifications add up to more efficiency. Nothing "adds" power except forced induction. There's HP left on the table with stock systems due to CAFE standards and so on so the aftermarket is ripe with goodies to free up that HP but not add.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YellowYata View Post
    All CAIs and catback exhausts don't do much at all except sound good but combined with headers or other flow modifications add up to more efficiency. Nothing "adds" power except forced induction. There's HP left on the table with stock systems due to CAFE standards and so on so the aftermarket is ripe with goodies to free up that HP but not add.
    I guess thats the wording I was looking for … thank you YY!
    10' True Red NC - PRHT - RS cat-less header - RS mid-pipe - extend O2 plug - flash tuned by Moto-East - DBA 4000s slotted rotors - HPS Hawk pads - SS brake lines

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I need to go see this Jay from TDR … everyone talks about him .. lol
    10' True Red NC - PRHT - RS cat-less header - RS mid-pipe - extend O2 plug - flash tuned by Moto-East - DBA 4000s slotted rotors - HPS Hawk pads - SS brake lines

Post Thanks / Like

If you want an opinion about Jay from somebody who has a car he worked on, just ask me. He did the turbo install, made the entire exhaust system and did the dyno tune. But you need to ask me in person.
    If it weren't for time, everything would happen all at once!
    08' NC GT PRHT turbo, inter-cooler, dyno'd 236hp at the rear wheels

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Reefman View Post
    If you want an opinion about Jay from somebody who has a car he worked on, just ask me. He did the turbo install, made the entire exhaust system and did the dyno tune. But you need to ask me in person.
    Why in person?

Post Thanks / Like

Because I won't slander the guy on a website.
    If it weren't for time, everything would happen all at once!
    08' NC GT PRHT turbo, inter-cooler, dyno'd 236hp at the rear wheels