PDA

View Full Version : FM Vmaxx Xxtreme Coilovers - Track Package

danimal1991
01-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Does anyone have these on their Miata ? My NA currently has tokico blues on it and they are probably slightly better than stock but still not very good. I'd like to get something good for autocross and decent on the road, I'm a glutton for pain so I don't mind having a rough ride on the street.

I know there are some really nice setups for around 2 grand but I'd really like to keep it around 1.

Open to other suggestions as well, the tokico illuminas with FM springs seems like an idea as well.

Gazornan
01-11-2015, 10:30 AM
I have a few friends with FM VMaxx. The cars are very good, just a tick off the Xidas and Ohlins, but very good. I think the Illuminas are still in very short supply, so I wouldn't put my hopes on those. I ran the FM spring/Illumina combo for a few years, and they are also good. Not quite up to the FM VMaxx, though.

danimal1991
01-12-2015, 03:23 PM
That's encouraging to hear. Seems like the consensus is that they are good competitive coilovers for the money, just not quite on par with the expensive setups. There do seem to be a fair number of people who have issues with them though. Will probably be the route I go unless there is something better for the money.

jawolf518
01-22-2015, 09:46 AM
That's encouraging to hear. Seems like the consensus is that they are good competitive coilovers for the money, just not quite on par with the expensive setups. There do seem to be a fair number of people who have issues with them though. Will probably be the route I go unless there is something better for the money.

With FM reputation ... I can imagine if you are having any issues with your coils .... then they will help you get it sorted out ... I would go with v maxx probably over megans or any of the midline teins .... vmaxx is probably what I will end up purchasing.

Spade
01-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Vmaxx track coilovers & RB 1.125 FSB is the way to go.

danimal1991
01-31-2015, 09:13 PM
I was probably just going to go with the FM Sway bars as part of the package for front and rear. I read a lot of guys don't like having the RSB because it promotes too much oversteer? But then others say the car feels perfectly balanced with both sway bars. I don't have experience with the variations in order to have an opinion so I figured I'd start with both and replace the RSB with the stock one if it became a problem.

Does anyone have any experience with the FM Sway bars versus the Racing Beats one and whether or not there is a significant difference in replacing the RSB in addition to the FSB?

Gazornan
02-01-2015, 05:25 PM
I sold my FM bars and bought the RB. It really depends what you plan to do with the car. The RB bar does NOT promote oversteer, it just plants the front, and you adjust the rear of the car accordingly. If you're autocrossing, the VMaxx Trackpack and RB are the way to go. For road courses, the VMaxx Trackpack and FM bars. For the street, VMaxx Extreme and FM bars. Anyway, that's what I'd do.

Agent☣Orange
02-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Holy cow! Thanks for the insight.