Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Leather Protectant

Post Thanks / Like

Leather Protectant

My original seats with the perforated leather deteriorated and fell apart in 4 or 5 years. I replaced them with a cherry set of 99 seats (leather also) I have been using Lexol cleaner and protectant on them every two weeks or so. I still got wearing and some cracking on the bolsters in the past couple years. I'm trying to keep them as nice as possible. Does anybody recommend anything else to use? My wife insists that I should put seat covers on, but I think that will cause more problems because I will not be applying anything on them to protect them.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Leather Protectant

Use Amoural leather cleaner and conditioner. Works pretty good.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Leather Protectant

I'm scared of anything Armor-All makes, especially for leather.

Leather Protectant

Mink Oil to condition and protect. Havn't used it on the car leather, but works fantastic on boots.