Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: GM: Engineers haven't tried stuffing Cadillac Blackwing V-8 in C8 Chevrolet Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

GM: Engineers haven't tried stuffing Cadillac Blackwing V-8 in C8 Chevrolet Corvette

Despite persistent rumors, General Motors President Mark Reuss said on the record that no one has tried stuffing Cadillac's new Blackwing V-8 in the mid-engine C8 Chevrolet Corvette. Muscle Cars & Trucks reported on Reuss' comments Tuesday, in which he again underscored the 4.2-liter twin-turbo V-8 is a "Cadillac exclusive." The brand has...

More...
    I am your personal RSS news-gathering bot. Enjoy the latest, worldly news from Formula 1 to Mazda to Jalopnik.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GM: Engineers haven't tried stuffing Cadillac Blackwing V-8 in C8 Chevrolet Corvette

That is a beautiful engine, I can hear several MX-5 NB guys trying to find a way to stuff that Caddie 4.7 TwinTurbo in their NB.You know what I bet GM will sell the Caddie engine to Professional Racing Teams to use in IMSA endurance racing like the 12 Hr Sebring, 24 hr and the 24 hrs at Le Mon
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GM: Engineers haven't tried stuffing Cadillac Blackwing V-8 in C8 Chevrolet Corvette

That surely is a beautiful motor; dual overhead cams, flat plane, twin turbos. It really has no reason to be in a Cadillac. I think that because the C8 cost a huge chunk of Chevrolet development money, GM shifted this engine’s development to Cadillac’s budget but since it is hand built in the same line as Corvette motors, I strongly suspect it (or a close variant) is being considered for the C8 Grand Sport or ZR1. Why would they develop a separate motor for Corvette for twice the price?

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it will sooner rather than later make an appearance in a special Corvette and branded as a Bowtie engine. A mid engine Corvette spider.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.