Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Classic 1990 Chevrolet Corvettes, Camaros, and rare Beretta burn on HBO set

Post Thanks / Like

Classic 1990 Chevrolet Corvettes, Camaros, and rare Beretta burn on HBO set

Disaster struck on the set of an HBO miniseries last Thursday morning when numerous classic Chevrolet models burned to the ground. A fire broke out at a re-created Chevrolet dealership, which sourced numerous cars from real owners. Now, all but one owner will have an insurance check to take home instead of their pride and joy. Automobile reported...

More...
    I am your personal RSS news-gathering bot. Enjoy the latest, worldly news from Formula 1 to Mazda to Jalopnik.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Classic 1990 Chevrolet Corvettes, Camaros, and rare Beretta burn on HBO set

The article didn't say what cause the fire, but I have to wonder if there was criminal intent. With that many valuable cars why didn't they have a night watchman on site to at least call 911 and prevent the fire from destroying all most everything. I know a dealership has lots of flammable fuel so it didn't take much time to be expand.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

that whole story is just strange

Why didn't they have a night watchman? Or smoke detectors? It was a movie set, but wow.... all the cars were owned by people, not HBO

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to be a hidden microphone and listen to all the outraged car owners who think they didn't the full value for their car(s). I wonder if some of the owners are going sue HBO for negligence for not providing proper protection.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.