Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2006 jetta FS/TRADE

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

2006 jetta FS/TRADE

So I acquired this 2006 VW Jetta through the shop. Customer didnít want to go through with repairs. It has the 2.5L engine, extremely reliable as long as you keep up with oil changes. It does have just under 156,600, and as of the repair history just from my shop, has had full synthetic oil changes, every 5,000 miles, almost religiously. 5 speed manual transmission, that shifts flawlessly. And fairly cold A/c, it wonít freeze you out of the car. But, you wonít sweat your manhood away.

Weíve also within the last year, replaced rear pads, rotors, calipers, and rear rubber brake lines, parking brake cable, and hood release cable. I think there is more work my shop has performed. But not 100% sure.

As it sits right now, itís in need of a tune up. It will drive perfectly fine, as long as you donít have a super heavy right foot. Iíve been driving it around the past 2 days, in order to find out what all the car is in need of. The vacuum pump is leaking oil, which has always been a common issues with the 2.5 engines. And is a rather simple fix on the cars with a manual transmission. And thatís about it, as far as engine performance/repairs needed.

Cosmetically, it needs a little love. But no major body work. Driver fender, and passenger side of the hood by the headlight have some rust bubbling through. It was also a common issue with this generation Jetta. And appears the previous own has a run in with something on the driver side. (Visible in the pictures.). It has gray leather seats, that will clean up very nicely, no damage that Iíve noticed to the dash. But, in true VW fashion, the headliner is sagging.

I would prefer to trade for a clean/straight frame/body 90-93 Miata of similar value which should be around 1500 give or take as it sits now. Or a mid sized truck/SUV, preferably 4 door of equal value. Iím not afraid of mileage. For the right trade, I can take care of a majority of the issues the vehicle has. (Tune up, vacuum pump, hood and bumper, and a very good cleaning.)

I will also sell out right, Iím asking 1750 as it sits, or 2500 after all the repairs are done to anyone outside the gearhead forum. Gearhead price is 1400 as it sits, or 2100 after the repairs.

I think I pretty much covered it all, the vehicle is available for test drives pretty much 7 days a week. Itís being stored at my shop, and I pretty much live there. I have a transport tag that is available, so the car can be driven on the road for a proper test drive. And not just around the block. Iíll continue to drive it every so often, and will update this thread if I find anymore issues that need to be addressed. And the price will be adjusted accordingly.

message me if you have any further questions!

Front

Drive side, with the minor damage mentioned in the main post

Rear

Passenger side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 jetta FS/TRADE

That is a fair deal

it should move quickly!

Original Gearhead
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 jetta FS/TRADE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysz28 View Post
    That is a fair deal

it should move quickly!
    Thanks, I thought so!

Iíve been driving it the last couple days running when needed. It drives great.

If no ones gets it, itíll be the next daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk