Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New season Wheeler Dealers Tonight, Apr 17, ‘19, 9:00 PM on Motor Trend Channel.

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    The car looked better with the aftermarket wheels. Hard to believe no rebuild kit or replacement carburetors available.
    Agree on the wheels, but it seemed like they were going for the nostalgia market with stock everything. The GSL-SE was fuel injected so no carburetor. That interior wasn't stock though, there were no two-tone offerings from the factory.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New season Wheeler Dealers Tonight, Apr 17, ‘19, 9:00 PM on Motor Trend Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Agree on the wheels, but it seemed like they were going for the nostalgia market with stock everything. The GSL-SE was fuel injected so no carburetor. That interior wasn't stock though, there were no two-tone offerings from the factory.
    Rewatching this episode tonight. Was a little sleepy the first time I watched it. You are right, it was the shaft in the throttle body, No carburetor here.

Back in the day it was mostly girls driving this car. I use to chase them around in my 280Z.

Jensen Healey tonight
    Last edited by minuteman048; 05-22-2019 at 08:07 PM.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New season Wheeler Dealers Tonight, Apr 17, ‘19, 9:00 PM on Motor Trend Channel.

I like the Jenson Healey episode, At the time the Jenson Healey roadster was popular I didn't like it very much I remember thinking it was rather cobbled together, the single hinged bonnet was a problem. In California the smog laws robbed horsepower from the engine and the car sold for more than a MGB or a TR 4. The costly suspension bushings and the damage and repainting ate up the profit margin.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

i fell asleep. Will have to rewatch Wednesday.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

🛠 Tool wench 500+ kung fu jesus's Avatar
    Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

Motortrend’s “Hot Rod Garage” is similar, but a bit more advanced with less on exterior aesthetics. Latest one took a mid 80s Tbird turbo, updated the SOHC, turbo, made 271 BHP.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the Jenson-Healey was the last episode of this season. I will continue to watch, but hope they find more interesting cars to restore, old an newer classics to work on.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.