Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Velocity Channel

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Velocity Channel

The Velocity Channel has been moving their Blue Chip shows to late night show times to put their new shows which I am not that impressed with on prime time. JDM Ledgends, Texas Metal, etc. are a disappointment. Wheeler Dealers is seen in over 100 countries and is now on at 10:00 PM. I guess I have to break down and get a DVR.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Velocity Channel

I'd never watch tv if I didn't have a DVR

you can always break out a VCR or DVD recorder instead!

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

MM, you can get Centurylink’s DVR cable box for no additional fee. That way, you “record series” and not have to worry about missing a show. TV is moving more toward the app platform nowadays and even a DVR is becoming defunct. For instance, if I miss a show on Discovery, I’ll just open the Discovery app, find the series and watch the episode I missed.

Drives
    '90 Red w/Gold Stripe
    Post Thanks / Like

Or for 70 bucks from Amazon you can get a magic TV box https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , little good speed internet and your in business. I might have to wait a day for a show but we watch it ad free :-) I haven't had a cable tv bill in years.
    Paul
    Slightly customized Red '90

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MM, I'm not impressed, with the latest season of Wheeler Dealer, Mike goes out and manages to buy cars from people who own cars they no longer want. Then Ant, replaces all the worn parts, Mike purchases parts or gets the cosmetic work done, then they sell the car and make $2,000 profit. I like the show when they rescued old classic or abused cars and made them run again. As far as I am concern this has passed it use by date.

I agree, the new car shows, have a lot to be desired, and even with the JDM cars would have been worth while watching, the shop and it's own and his crew are one dememsional lack charisma. I'm turning to You Tube where I found several individuals, young men and women who report, restore old cars and in some cases build their own cars.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

You can see most old episodes of Wheeler Dealers in its entirety on Youtube.

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I just scanned Velocity channel and I see Inside West Coast Customs is on. I didn’t bother to watch because I already know the formula.

Basketball player shows up with Cadillac Escalade. WCC slaps on 22” donks, vinyl wrap, 20 subwoofers and a motorized basketball-shoe display case in the trunk. Lot’s of hugs and unintelligible street language. End of show.

I just saved an hour of my life!

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    You can see most old episodes of Wheeler Dealers in its entirety on Youtube.
    That's true and I've watched my favorites several times over, I miss Ed China, he is trying to build a following on You Tube, but it isn't the old Ed.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    '99 Miata
    Post Thanks / Like

a $5/mo subscription to Motortrend on Demand and you get all the Velocity shows, plus their original shows like Hotrod Garage, Roadkill, Engine Masters, and a ton more. The Velocity shows have been dropping on the Motortrend on Demand a week early than on Velocity.

11. Thanks Agent☣Orange thanked for this post
    Likes Jaysz28 liked this post