Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Stalling issues

Post Thanks / Like

Stalling issues

I've been having intermittent stalling issues with my car. I though it might be a fuel pump, but I was wrong. I started this post on Miata Turbo to drag out the megasquirt nerds. I seem to have gotten a winner. He's working with me. These are some of the things that need tweaking when you go standalone.

https://www.miataturbo.net/general-m...1/#post1502409
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stalling issues

At least that pdexta nerd stepped up. This is all technojargon to me but very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

The tuning really never ends and there's always something to work on. Glad you're getting it straightened out.
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860 @ 20psi, E85
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

really good info there

I need to play with my start up and idle. I've been having to feather the gas to get it to start since I did my last 'tune' before the hot weather set in.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
    The tuning really never ends and there's always something to work on. Glad you're getting it straightened out.
    Its just me. I would hate to have to constantly hook up the lap top to fine tune the engine. I think when I get to it I will go with the maximum power my stock ECU can handle.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    Its just me. I would hate to have to constantly hook up the lap top to fine tune the engine. I think when I get to it I will go with the maximum power my stock ECU can handle.
    With "piggyback'' systems to control spark you can safely run a turbo or supercharger. You just can't Max out power (which I haven't) and you lose some low and mid-range torque. The FFS and other superchargers use this successfully. I believe the FM turbo is similar.

Playing with the tune is a huge learning curve for me. Although frustrating at times, I've never been stranded and when I finally get even a small change correct it's a great feeling of accomplishment.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

7. Likes minuteman048 liked this post