Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Civic Easter egg

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Civic Easter egg

There is no such thing as a sub $10K car, it is not cost effective for Auto Manufacturers to build compacts, subcompacts, for 10K or 16K cars on the same manufacturing lines that build 25K, 35K, 50K cars. As far as the US and Canada, small economically priced cars do not sell and they are fading from the landscape of roadways or freeways.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

You're thinking like an American. There are plenty of sub-$10K cars around the world like the Mitsubishi Mirage in the US and the Nissan Micra in Canada and we will see as the Middle East and Venezuela become more unstable that cheap, fuel-efficient cars will be in high demand, not Cadillac Escalades. Culturally, subsequent generations do not see a need to actually own a car so if they do get one, it'll certainly not be a transportation appliance that costs half as much as their house.

Buyer behavior will indeed change due to economic and technological forces and you will indeed see a rush by manufacturers to produce economical, fuel efficient cars as a matter of survival to wit, Lee Iacocca and Chrysler's deathbed survival via the K car.

https://www.wheels.ca/news/mitsubish...ing-the-micra/

Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading about gas price increases lately. Once they boom again like they did several years ago people will go nuts over little gas sippers again. I remember seeing Geo Metro's for $8k when gas prices peaked last time.

I've always loved small cars, I hate to see things getting bigger and smaller cars being discontinued. I guess it's one little perk of high gas prices.
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860, E85
    2004 G35 Sedan ♦ 6sp, Uprev Osiris

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    You're thinking like an American. There are plenty of sub-$10K cars around the world like the Mitsubishi Mirage in the US and the Nissan Micra in Canada and we will see as the Middle East and Venezuela become more unstable that cheap, fuel-efficient cars will be in high demand, not Cadillac Escalades. Culturally, subsequent generations do not see a need to actually own a car so if they do get one, it'll certainly not be a transportation appliance that costs half as much as their house.

Buyer behavior will indeed change due to economic and technological forces and you will indeed see a rush by manufacturers to produce economical, fuel efficient cars as a matter of survival to wit, Lee Iacocca and Chrysler's deathbed survival via the K car.

https://www.wheels.ca/news/mitsubish...ing-the-micra/
    No, I think like a citizen of this planet first most and I was just stating the obvious with Ford discounting to build Fiestas and other sedans because Americans are buying SUV's and crossovers both American and Imports. I lament that Ford will stop building small and medium sedans. All you have to do is look around you corporations control the market place and produce only profitable products which means that the consumer has less and less choices.

I haven't owned an American made car since 1963, because the American Automobile industry did not make small cars with the same performance and elegance as the Asian and European Automobile industry.
    Mitsubishi is in trouble in the American market and are willing to lower prices to survive, I expect they will be bought up by Toyota or another Japanese automobile company.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyFace View Post
    Mitsubishi is in trouble in the American market and are willing to lower prices to survive...
    There's a Mitsubishi commercial on the radio that's like, "All you have to do to start your car is unlock the doors or turn on the climate control" and I just can't figure out how that could possibly be useful.

What if I just want to start the car, without the AC or without locking my doors? Or if I want to just leave the AC on when I get out and have it turn on when I start the car? What if I just want to get my sunglasses out of my car... *gasp* without starting it? It's like they're desperately trying to come up with something to be relevant and it's not going well at all.

I can't figure out how they're still around, and I think we've all been saying that for at least the last 15 years.
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860, E85
    2004 G35 Sedan ♦ 6sp, Uprev Osiris