Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fun with a Fiat 124 Spider Fiata

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun with a Fiat 124 Spider Fiata

Took the MX-5 to work this morning because I'm going to the car show right from work. Beautiful top down drive in the cool of the morning. When I turned on to SR 776 I came alongside a new Fiat 124 in dark gray and that's when the fun began. The other driver was about my age which thankfully limited the stupid factor. We passed each other back and forth until we got to Flamingo Blvd. where we both turned and this is where I said I got him and wanted to see what he was made of. This road has two very tight S curves and with me being in the lead took them pretty hard and my suspension and new tires did not disappoint. Looked in the rear view mirror and saw he backed off a bit in the curves giving me a decent lead. It all ended at the next stop sign where it turns into a residential neighborhood at Edgewater Drive.

It's a two lane until it becomes a new four lane and at the first traffic light at Harbor Dr. we stopped side by side and had a quick chat admiring and complementing each others cars. From here we drove at the legal pace since it was a heavily patrolled residential area with lots of kids waiting for the school bus. We separated at Rt. 41 where I went south and he continued across probably heading for I-75. We both gave each other thumbs up and separated like two fighter pilots from opposing sides who both ran out of ammunition and knew we would meet up again.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

2. Likes Pmarcuzzo, Jaysz28 liked this post
    Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with a Fiat 124 Spider Fiata

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27842DB4-3B8F-4088-A8EB-5DBE2195736B.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	2756

Did you mention the car show tonight?

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    Took the MX-5 to work this morning because I'm going to the car show right from work. Beautiful top down drive in the cool of the morning. When I turned on to SR 776 I came alongside a new Fiat 124 in dark gray and that's when the fun began. The other driver was about my age which thankfully limited the stupid factor. We passed each other back and forth until we got to Flamingo Blvd. where we both turned and this is where I said I got him and wanted to see what he was made of. This road has two very tight S curves and with me being in the lead took them pretty hard and my suspension and new tires did not disappoint. Looked in the rear view mirror and saw he backed off a bit in the curves giving me a decent lead. It all ended at the next stop sign where it turns into a residential neighborhood at Edgewater Drive.

It's a two lane until it becomes a new four lane and at the first traffic light at Harbor Dr. we stopped side by side and had a quick chat admiring and complementing each others cars. From here we drove at the legal pace since it was a heavily patrolled residential area with lots of kids waiting for the school bus. We separated at Rt. 41 where I went south and he continued across probably heading for I-75. We both gave each other thumbs up and separated like two fighter pilots from opposing sides who both ran out of ammunition and knew we would meet up again.
    Ah yes, it was a Snoopy and the Red Baron kind of day.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be the Red Baron around here...