Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Finally did some tuning on our little turbo car

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally did some tuning on our little turbo car

After going through two PC's, I finally fixed my connection issues and was able to work on my turbo car rather than rely on Scott and Joshua for tuning help.

Scott has done most of the tuning on the car over the past 3 or 4 years that I have had it. It gets better every time.

Yesterday Joshua and I were playing with Tuner Studio on my car and I feel we both learned a lot. The car is a lot smoother. There is always more work to do and a lot more to learn though.

Here is the virtual dyno we got at the end of the day. Not too shabby for a little 1.6 with a china charger on it...... and lets not forget AC and PS ;)

Huge thanks to both Scott and Joshua for their help and support. They are both a huge asset to the miata community!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pull 2.jpg  

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally did some tuning on our little turbo car

That's great to hear. Don't think I will ever go that route. Im too old a fossile to start messing with that stuff. maybe when I retired and can devote the time to it.\
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good to see GearHeads helping each other, it is building a reservoir of information and skill that will help the rest of the GearHeads as they become Turbo/Super Charger Miata owners. It is also a testament to the Strength and durability of a MiataSpeed NA's Longevity. Keep on Wrenching!
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Great numbers! That's about where I'd like to be at.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyFace View Post
    It's good to see GearHeads helping each other, it is building a reservoir of information and skill that will help the rest of the GearHeads as they become Turbo/Super Charger Miata owners. It is also a testament to the Strength and durability of a MiataSpeed NA's Longevity. Keep on Wrenching!
    So that's where Josh has been! Haven't seen him since we worked on his car a year or so ago.

Now, if I could get some help with HP Tuners, heh heh. Too bad Miatas don't use that.

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    So that's where Josh has been! Haven't seen him since we worked on his car a year or so ago.

Now, if I could get some help with HP Tuners, heh heh. Too bad Miatas don't use that.
    HP tuners is a whole other ball game, especially for your PCM

I spent most of this week messing with the transmission settings for my truck. It drives so much better than before. Can't wait to hook up the trailer next week to see it really put in some work.

btw, all I did was search on the HP Tuners forum to learn what to mess with. I've never messed with anything that had an auto trans before, so I was surprised (overwhelmed) by all the settings.

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell me about it. Most prople don’t know the Vette’s transmission is programmable like the engine. I know now there are many setting to customize for a better feel and performance. It also learns how you drive and programs itself that way so if you’re old and putz around town at 35mph, it adapts to that, such as the previous owner I got mine from.

I need to tell my transmission to forget what it learned before and start over with me and then drive a little more spiritedly.