Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: New Camaro SS

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all this talk about chrome wheels, I feel like I've fallen into M.net.

All comments welcome, even the ones that are wrong. Note that this is something that my wife will determine.

Got home last night, had another nearly 29 mpg tank (actual was 28.6). I still need to calculate what we got on the one tank that was about 3/4 freeway and the rest around town. The Plastidip I bought was waiting on us, now I just have to wait on the plastic cards I bought to show up tomorrow and some good weather to get the wheels done. While away I also purchased a set of used GM smoked tail lights that she doesn't know about yet.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    With all this talk about chrome wheels, I feel like I've fallen into M.net.

All comments welcome, even the ones that are wrong. Note that this is something that my wife will determine.
    At least we have a sense of humor. M.net, not so much.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

3. Likes chiefmg liked this post
    🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    True that.

Received the plastic cards today, so will be able to color the wheels once the Miata work is done (and the weather cooperates).

Took some pictures last night after arriving home, excuse the offset in the first one. You can see the smoked sidemarkers and the bra. In the second picture you can see how well the bra works keeping crap off the front.

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    At least we have a sense of humor. M.net, not so much.
    You should see the nastiness of the Corvette forum sometime. Even a two-day-old debate about chrome vs black wheels turns into bitterness and name-calling. That's exactly why although I love the car, I won't join any Corvette clubs or forums.

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    See, I can't understand those types of attitudes. We are all car guys. If you don't like what someone else has done with theirs then don't look. Kind of puts me in mind of all the stick and ball sports fans who are ready to beat up those who don't like the same team they do.

A nice sunny day, so of course I washed it again. Needed to get some sap and other marks off the paint from our trip. Pretty much got the majority of the marks off by gently scrubbing with my wash mitt. I used the last of my RaggTop cleaner so will have to source more of that. On to the Miata for the rest of the day.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great looking Camaro, I'm not usually a fan of white cars, but I do make an exception when it comes to convertibles with a cloth top. I agree, black rims would look better than those chrome or silver alloys.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

8. Thanks chiefmg thanked for this post
    🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jacked her up tonight, pulled the wheels and cleaned same preparatory to tomorrow's coating (well, if the rain doesn't come). While it is up there I inspected the brakes (all good with plenty of meat left on the pads). I'm also going to change the oil while it is suspended, lifting this car is a royal PITA. Can't use my QuickJack (not long enough) so had to do it the old-fashioned way. Luckily I shouldn't have to lift it often.

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the frustration.

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today started off well but ended like shit. Got the wheels dipped, oil changed, the smoked tail lights finally showed up so I got those installed. Went to the store, when I got home and was pulling into the drive I managed to hit the rear of the CX-5 with the rear fender of the Camaro. Put some nice dings in it. Not really any damage to the CX as the impact was strictly to the bumper cover (I will have to buff out the white marks). I am not very happy with myself right now. Just went out to the garage and noticed the backup lights were lit on the Camaro. Come to find out the guy I bought them from had installed LED bulbs. I remember reading about this being an option with one vendor, now I have to investigate to see what I might need to let them work correctly. In the meantime I pulled the normal bulbs out of the red tails and put those in.

Tomorrow I will be calling the dealer we bought it from to see if they have a good PDR guy (if it can even be fixed that way).

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh noooo!!! How bad is it? Picts? Don't knock yourself too hard. I backed into my driveway one night and knocked over my mailbox. It just happens.

And what do you mean the reverse lights are lit? Full brightness or some sort of residual, dim voltage?

Don't beat yourself up over a car. Yeah, it was boneheaded but anything can be repaired. If you don't claim it, it won't appear on Carfax. Just think about how many times a raccoon has destroyed Joe's car and you'll feel better about yours.

13. Thanks chiefmg thanked for this post