Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Camaro SS

Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
    Oh, I'd never even dare to bring those things up, haha.
    I sometimes like to live on the edge.

Correct GM floor mats showed up today. It's nice not having to worry about them sliding around and getting caught under the pedals. Driver's side is a little shorter than what you normally see, I guess they figure people won't be putting their feet close to the seat if it's pushed back.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Camaro SS

They really go all out with the mats given the stripes, logo and red piping. That reminds me that I have a new set of emroidered Grand Sport floor mats that I can’t use because I don’t want to be a poser.
    Speed is just a question of money - how fast can you go?

Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know you wanna be a poser.

Yeah, they are a little heavy-handed with the badging. I haven't counted all the SS badges in the interior but it's quite a few. Guess they want to make sure we remember what we are driving. I even saw a picture of someone who had installed metal covers on a bunch of stuff in the engine bay, every single one had an SS on it.

Now that I've driven with the right mats, I do wish they had extended the driver's side further back towards the seat. I may be looking for some that do. I have also found something else that I may be buying, GM sells taillights that are clear/smoked. Really cleans up the rear by getting rid of the red. Given that it's factory it shouldn't result in lower visibility.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve noticed that too with Corvette logos. I think there are already too many from the factory but amazingly, people add even more!

5. Likes chiefmg liked this post
    Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like

With just a casual glance around the cabin, I count 5 SS logos including the new mats. It even says Camaro on top of the shifter.

Got her registered/licensed today. Bought a slim black frame for it and then had to go to three different places looking for some nylon screws. Some time since my last purchase of these, they stopped making the nuts with flanges. This means they don't cover the holes on either the plate of the frame. Finally found some that will work at O'Reilly's. What I do is install them at the bottom of the frame in reverse so the head is next to the body. I put some silicone on the heads so the body is protected, this also keeps it from rattling. I'll have to see what GM used for inserts for the attachment screws, I may have to cut a piece of rubber I have to put at the top of the plate so it doesn't abrade the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a nice, paint-matched frame I still have to install. You’ve just reminded me I have to go dig it out from somewhere.

Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I got the Camaro licensed the other day, at one point the woman helping me asked if I knew how many cylinders it had. In my head I was like Duh! I then realized I was thinking like a car guy, and the general public probably needs to be asked that question.

Post Thanks / Like

You should have said nuclear reactor.

Post Thanks / Like

This why most women and my wife will not take the car to a mechanic since they ask questions she can't answer. Cylinders, cubic inches, liters, ABS. etc.. She says it intimidates her and opens her to be taken advantage of and be swindled.

Had a 1989 Camry All-Trac (AWD) and turned the tables on them and almost got the oil change free. Was at Jiffy Lub and after they finished they go over everything they checked. When I asked about the rear differential I saw the guys eyes light up like this guy is a dummy. Oh this car is front wheel drive. Really I said! Tell you what, if that car has a rear differential, I get the oil change for free. If it doesn't, I will pay double. I put on my best poker face and looked him square in the eye and waited for a response. I swear 10-15 seconds must have gone by when he opens the door to the bay and asks the guy in the pit if that Camry had a rear differential. HOLY SH_T the guy responds, how did I miss that. Yeah, especially since it had a drive shaft. Almost got him a second time down the road.

Ask me about my Grease Monkey experience sometime. Even better and won that stare down.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

11. Likes chiefmg liked this post
    Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like
    First hand wash today, I did it after noontime so had to be quick about drying it off before the water could spot. Some genius left the hose full with a nozzle on it, so I had a hose full of mostly ice when I started. Once that was done I buffed out some black marks on the car that were bugging me. Now I'm waiting on the screen protector for the infotainment system. Same brand I used on the CX-5, it lasted 3 years (have a new one to put on) so that's not bad.