Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Camaro SS

Tool wench 500+
    Post Thanks / Like

New Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry L View Post
    What? No photos?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
    In for pics too! I love the recent redesign they did on the Camaros (same with the Mustangs).
    It's rainy here so only shot a couple. Here you go:

Summit White with Adrenaline Red interior. Basically all the bells and whistles except for navi. Has the magnetic ride dampers and dual mode exhaust. Sounds great, ride is fantastic. We had a V6 coupe rental in Savannah for a few days, for some reason I don't feel as clastrophobic in this one. Might have something to do with the rear windows being larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    Holy smokes! Went right for the 455HP LT1 huh?
    Hell yeah! I asked the wife which she wanted, when we started this it was sort of a pie-in-the-sky idea so she said get the V8. Considering all the options this has and that we got it for the same amount as a new 2017 LT 'vert it was really not a difficult decision (especially as it was a local dealer). I said I wouldn't be modifying this, but I am already looking at some stuff. She wants black wheels, going to get some Z28 replicas for that (will probably Plastidip the stockers for now). I am getting a front splitter and now looking at a CAI. Of course a supercharger would be a nice addition...
    Last edited by chiefmg; 01-27-2018 at 07:33 PM.

2. Likes Agent☣Orange, pdexta, Pmarcuzzo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Camaro SS

Speed is just a question of money - how fast can you go?

Tool wench 500+
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's beautiful is the thrust generated when you put your right foot to the floor. I encouraged the wife to do that last night on our way home from dinner. A gen 5 Camaro may or may not have been involved in the test. Afterwards, she said to me wow, it is fast. That growl from the dual mode exhaust in the loud setting is just the icing on the cake.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no doubt! I love dual mode exhaust too. That thing is going to get addictive. Those wheels look very similar to C7 wheels.

Is that motor going to make into your Miata while the wife is out of town sometime?

6. Thanks chiefmg thanked for this post
    Tool wench 500+
    Post Thanks / Like

While that is definitely tempting, I am somewhat attached to my 'nads. If I were to do an engine swap I would probably go with an LFX V6 though.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a white one on the road today and thought of yours. The daytime running lights look menacing as hell. Like Scott was saying, today's Mustangs and Camaros are really something to behold! BTW, you could get HP Tuners and wring another 50hp out of it the way it sits but with that much HP, who cares?

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Needs stripes tho. My brother had a '73 Z28 back in the day. Was white with black stripes. Cool car.
    Jerry Layman
    2010 Stormy Blue Mica PRHT

Tool wench 500+
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    I saw a white one on the road today and thought of yours. The daytime running lights look menacing as hell. Like Scott was saying, today's Mustangs and Camaros are really something to behold! BTW, you could get HP Tuners and wring another 50hp out of it the way it sits but with that much HP, who cares?
    You can never have enough horsepower. My only concern with getting a tune is voiding the warranty. Once we're past that I may look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry L View Post
    Sweet! Needs stripes tho. My brother had a '73 Z28 back in the day. Was white with black stripes. Cool car.
    Thanks. Wife says absolutely no stripes. I even asked her about some fender GS stripes in pink but she shot it down. I've told her to think about whether she wants me to paint the hood vents white or not.

Tool wench 500+
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got the memory seats programmed. Also did the garage door opener, our unit required that I do the whole procedure which was a PITA. Removed a sticker for a local car wash, it was low on the windshield which with the dash proximity made it an even bigger PITA. The wife said who in their right mind runs a convertible through a car wash? My one neighbor stopped over while I was doing that to check out the car. His wife came out of their house for them to go somewhere, he didn't run right over and she was glaring at me. He told me previously he used to have fast cars and she doesn't want him anywhere near one. I guess I might be considered a bad influence.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember the seat and steering settings, sometimes even the radio are dependent on the key fob so if you get in the car but it stsys on the wife’s settings, you’re probably using her fob.