Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast

Thread: New Camaro SS

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lexerd screen protector showed up today so I put that on with the help of my car-guy grandson. It's cut precisely to size and since the screen is a weird shape tilted back, I wasn't able to get it perfectly centered. Used a credit card to get the bubbles out, looks pretty good.

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Camaro SS

Never thought about a screen protector for the stereo.

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the infotainment screen, all 8" of it. We don't have navi but a bunch of other stuff is controlled from this unit. My wife likes long fingernails and I dislike cleaning scrapes off things. So this is protection for both of us.

Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah! I see now. I get nervous applying a screen protector to my phone. Always end up misaligned with bubles in the middle and trapped dust. Don't get why the Chinese iPhone experts working in a sterile environment can't just do it for me to begin with, especially for a thousand bucks per phone.

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was bugging me so I went out today and redid it. Came out much better the second time around, although not as good as the replacement I put in our CX-5. Only a 5" screen in that with square corners, I got it in perfectly with no defects to be seen.

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I was filing the paperwork for the car, I read both the original window sticker and the dealer's used car window sticker. Both showed front carpet floor mats, which we did not receive. I wrote the used car manager about that, as well as the two missing valve stem caps and one missing lug nut. He responded quickly and said they would take care of that. I went and picked everything up today. It is nice to experience a dealer that stands up and makes things right.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

In the last couple of years I can say Elder Ford of Tampa (F-250), Plattner Chevrolet of Arcadia FL (Cruze), and Gettel Hyundai of Sarasota (Accent) made the grade when it came to customer service.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Another reason I never believe the "101-point expert inspection" claims. How can they miss the basics like valve caps and a missing lug nut?? I always check those and body panel alignment, wipers, paint mismatch (along with a magnet) and even that every button/function works. I also move the car a few feet to see if anything dripped on the pavement. Even then, it's easy to miss things. One time I missed a bad horn because I didn't even to think to check. Nowadays, I even insist on the car be put on the lift so I can check out everything from below. It makes no sense to look at every but the underneath for such a big investment.

🛠 Tool wench 500+
    Drives
    it like I stole it.
    Post Thanks / Like
    During my second visit to the dealer I asked them to put it on a lift so I could look underneath. It was exceptionally clean.

Not too much to report since I'm still at work. I did buy some smoked sidemarker LED lights, along with the factory windblocker. Lest any of you complain about pricing of Miata parts, how about $459 for the GM Camaro windblocker? That's right. I scoured around and found a seller on eBay for $418, then lucked out and was in port for their 20% off coupon so I got a deal. Still paid $334 for that damn thing. It better work as advertised (if not I am sure I will be able to sell it on). There is more to it than your average piece, it has a vertical component that rides behind the front seats, as well as a horizontal section that covers the rear seats. It also folds into quarter-size for easy stowage.

I also picked up some used TPMS sensors and some black Chevy center caps for when we get the wheels she wants.

Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they’re crazy with their prices. Just the little mesh inserts for the fender vents on my car cost $350. Needless to say, I can find better uses for that money.