Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    My one neighbor stopped over while I was doing that to check out the car. His wife came out of their house for them to go somewhere, he didn't run right over and she was glaring at me. He told me previously he used to have fast cars and she doesn't want him anywhere near one. I guess I might be considered a bad influence.
    Fast cars are usually associated with fast women. Could explain it.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Tool wench 500+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    Remember the seat and steering settings, sometimes even the radio are dependent on the key fob so if you get in the car but it stsys on the wife’s settings, you’re probably using her fob.
    I'll have to check into that, the owner's manual doesn't say anything about that feature. In any case we each have our own fob, I normally take mine with me so she can't lose it.

Post Thanks / Like

You know you can't let your wifes car be faster than yours right?
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860, E85
    2004 G35 Sedan ♦ 6sp, Uprev Osiris

4. Likes chiefmg liked this post
    Tool wench 500+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
    You know you can't let your wifes car be faster than yours right?
    Instigator.

I am secure enough in my manhood to not be bothered. Besides, I can drive it pretty much whenever I want, and I have a driver mod she doesn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the day the one requirement for becoming Mrs. Minuteman was that she had to know how to drive stick shift especially since almost all my vehicles were equipped with manual transmission. Glad to say Mrs. Minuteman of almost 30 years has fulfilled that requirement. When I met her she had a 95 Firebird with manual transmission and that car was fun to drive.

White Knight on the other hand has a wife who can not drive a stick shift although he has tried to teach her numerous times with much frustration, if I can't fix his crankshaft tomorrow, to replace the car with another MX5 that she can drive. Depending on your point of view, that can either be a good or bad thing. Enough said.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's

Tool wench 500+
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately my wife can drive a stick. She just decided she would prefer an automatic in this car. We have gone from 4 years ago to having all manuals, to having two autos and three manuals (which will be down to two once we sell her 8). She does refuse to learn how to heel-and-toe or rev-match to downshift though.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to check into that, the owner's manual doesn't say anything about that feature. In any case we each have our own fob, I normally take mine with me so she can't lose it.
    I may be wrong but Corvette does that and people were reporting that the car would not automatically adjust to their memory setting and it turned out, they had the wrong fob.
    Speed is just a question of money - how fast can you go?

Post Thanks / Like

. She does refuse to learn how to heel-and-toe or rev-match to downshift though.
    In my opinion, that is a good thing.

☆ Chief Gearhead 2000+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    Back in the day the one requirement for becoming Mrs. Minuteman was that she had to know how to drive stick shift especially since almost all my vehicles were equipped with manual transmission. Glad to say Mrs. Minuteman of almost 30 years has fulfilled that requirement. When I met her she had a 95 Firebird with manual transmission and that car was fun to drive.

White Knight on the other hand has a wife who can not drive a stick shift although he has tried to teach her numerous times with much frustration, if I can't fix his crankshaft tomorrow, to replace the car with another MX5 that she can drive. Depending on your point of view, that can either be a good or bad thing. Enough said.
    It so happened that my wife learned to drive in her brothers car a three speed floor stick and later drove his ford 3 speed on the column. all our cars from 1961 until we retired in 1992 and moved to Florida were sticks. However, in 1993 she said she wanted the comfort and ease of driving an automatic so since then her cars are automatics.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like

She does refuse to learn how to heel-and-toe or rev-match to downshift though.
    Oh, I'd never even dare to bring those things up, haha.
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860, E85
    2004 G35 Sedan ♦ 6sp, Uprev Osiris