Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minuteman is getting busy.

Post Thanks / Like

Minuteman is getting busy.

Hope to wrap up installing the axles tomorrow and get it back on the road.

Saturday I'm helping Jack replace his clutch on his NB.

When White Knight gets his parts, I will be fixing his crankshaft.

Scheduled to work on Yata's Corvette in February.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minuteman is getting busy.

That's a heck of a schedule you've got coming up. Jumping around from project to project helping out seems like it'd be a lot of fun if you have the time for it. Do you have any near future plans for retirement? I don't feel like I'll ever get there financially, but an early retirement while you're still able to take on a bunch of fun projects without having to juggle work would be so enjoyable.
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860, E85
    2004 G35 Sedan ♦ 6sp, Uprev Osiris

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 61 and my retirement age is 66 2/3 years according to Social Security if the government don't screw that up. Depending when I pay off my mortgage and how my investments are doing, my retirement will be sometime between between that and 70. I'm back at the gym again to stay in shape so I can keep working on them. Jack is 71 and still going strong.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's

Post Thanks / Like

I "retired" in 2000 for four years and I was so busy I didn't know how I had time to work! Now I am stuck until I am 70 working, need to get a school loan paid off that I signed off on for my daughter. For you younger guys don't do that! If they are only 17 and want to start college, make them wait until they are 18 and can sign their own notes! Thankfully working for the county isn't bad. less than 9 years to go!
    Paul
    Slightly customized Red '90

Post Thanks / Like

At least it's in sight for both of you now. I can't imagine retiring for 4 years and then having to go back, that had to be torture.

My neighbor retired a few years ago and is always bored and doesn't have anything to do, which blows my mind. I'm definitely one of those people that will never run out of stuff to do, the list never ends!
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860, E85
    2004 G35 Sedan ♦ 6sp, Uprev Osiris

Post Thanks / Like

Send him over - I've got a list pf projects/hobbies I have been trying to get to for years! I have a muzzle loader half stock with a beautiful piece of curly maple I toted across 4 different states. Want to get back to some stain glass ideas I have, but now I have to buy the tools as the ex got them in the divorce, and I am sure she will never use them . . So many things - so little time. But there is always time for another Miata :-)
    Paul
    Slightly customized Red '90

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
    .My neighbor retired a few years ago and is always bored and doesn't have anything to do, which blows my mind. I'm definitely one of those people that will never run out of stuff to do, the list never ends!
    He apparently has no hobbies or interests. I have a guy working for me that's 75 years old and won't retire because he won't know what to do with himself. No interests, no hobbies, no real talents............. .......sad. Like you I always have stuff to do and interests like the car and home improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

I envy people who can do things without pain but I absolutely pity anyone who is bored with their precious life.
    Speed is just a question of money - how fast can you go?

Post Thanks / Like

Spent the day pulling the transmission out of Jack's 2001 NB. Every nut and bolt fought us. No corrosion, but they were all really tight. In fact we had to use an impact wrench to get the drive shaft loose. Car is disassembled now so he will be taking his time replacing seals, clutch, hydraulic clutch hardline, flywheel, slave cylinder, etc.

BTW, We used that flywheel lock tool I have and it worked great. Once everything is changed out I will be back to put it back in. All this disassembly and torquing caused me to pull a muscle in my shoulder........ouch .

White Knight's car is next.

♘ Senior Gearhead 3000+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Retirement, is like being born, or dyeing you really have no concept of it until it happens. You can plan for it, you have great expectations, but until it happens you will be surprised and no matter how much you planned, expected time to accomplish the things you couldn’t when you were working. Then shortly after retiring you feel a sudden loss, a deep loss that you can’t account for.
    It is the loss of your work life and how much that accounted for identity, your exsistance and the your membership in that workforce.
    If you didn’t have other activities, interests, to stimulate your mind your talents and had relationships with other people outside of work, hobbies, sports, or special interest groups to share you new found retirement time you will be bored then depressed. So now while you are fully employed, find time to expand your horizons, expand your talents and learn new skills that will serve you in your retirement.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.