Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Day - Corvette Edition. Feb 24, 2018

Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

corvette34 Tech Day - Corvette Edition. Feb 24, 2018

I need to get a few things done on my car and could surely use some help. Don't worry, the hard work, i.e. headers, exhaust, shocks etc. are already done but I need to install some spacers, meaning longer studs in the rear along with a Z06 front spring and fix an exhaust rattle. Really, it's more a bunch of minor stuff rather than one big project. The hardest part for me is just getting the car jacked up onto stands and relieving the suspension.

I would like to do this before the summer heat, sometime in February 2018 would be ideal depending upon people's schedules and the weather. We traditionally do tech days on Saturdays but I'm open to Sundays as well.

This is the preliminary planning stage so I'm not even sure if we'll be BBQ'ing or just ordering pizza for lunch. If I can keep it to smoked brats and onions, that would be easier for me unless I can get someone to be designated BBQ assistant.

List of tasks:

Get car on stands on all four corners
    Oil and filter change
    Replace base front spring with Z06 spring
    Install longer wheel studs front and rear
    Replace rear spring lowering bolts (front already has new lowering bolts)
    Fix exhaust leak in middle and rattle in rear

After these things are done, I'm going to work on my own for the next week painting the calipers, installing new pads and rotors, doing some wiring and vacuum tubing for the dual-mode exhaust and a list of other things so the car will remain in the air. I'll need a hand later for a few minutes to safely lower the car back onto concrete.

*I don't need a big crew for this but would be great to see MM, Joe and Mario and maybe a one more but feel free to swing by if you're just curious. You do not need to know anything about Corvettes to help! I'll have already studied up on everything and will have the parts and tools (might need MM's mega torque wrench). We could also use a potential parts runner and BBQ assistant.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tech Day - Corvette Edition. Feb ? 2018

I suggest just to have pizza. It's easier to stay focused and save time which flies doing jobs like this especially if you only have help for one day. Look how long my job is taking. Will you need an extra jack?
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think you’re right. I tried once before to have a combo tech day/BBQ with Joe’s car and I was run ragged. Didn’t even get to participate since I was looking for utensils and napkins and checking the grill’s temp constantly. I think this will be a pizza lunch since the forthcoming Formula 1 season will be all about BBQ’ing.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably going to do a dyno day on the 17th. Other than that I'm open.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

you can count me in
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we will be busy this winter.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's

Drives
    Lil’ red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

How does Saturday, Feb. 10 sound? That’s about five weeks away and one week before the Feb. 17 dyno day. We might even be able to fit in a dinner meet up at Dean’s South of the Border on Tuesday, Feb. 6.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Works for me.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sound like a plan 2 me.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Just found out that I'll be in Ohio, transporting my father in law's girlfriends move to Florida. Sorry I'm out.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console