Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Suspension refresh

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suspension refresh

Worth a look.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

Seems unlikely it’s the motor mount, collapsing enough to have to cut 3/4” out?? I would mess with the vband first, that’s hard to get right if your under the car alone trying to get the right clearances. Let’s hope for the best.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know the OP or his driving style, but in general I find this group pretty "performance oriented", so I'll throw this out there: If you don't have or plan on adjustable sway bars, I would at least put adjustable shocks on one end. This way, you have some control over the handling attitude of the car. Flyin Miata sway bars will be more effective, but I would really not want at least some control of basic attitude.

A tip on bump stops for the budget-minded (if this still applies) When I was researching this a few years back, I found that almost all the major providers got their bump stops from the same source in Germany. Knowing that, you can buy hard or soft from Ground Control for just $12/ea. and save a ton over FCM or GWR. Not a wide range of choices, but: The 54mm "Soft" are great for most, but you can put in the 46 "Hard" if you think you are really getting into them. On an NA with the poor rear travel, I would definitely go with the Hard, but not so sure on the NB. Worth doing some individual research, I think.

Anyway, more food for thought.
    Brad
    '93 (Red no more). 15x10, Xida CS, Torsen, Carbotech, Racing Beat, Enthuza, Rotrex C30-74, Precision FMIC, Tial, Skunk2, Haltech, Momo, Hard Dog, LanceSpeed, Blackbird Fabworx, etc.

4. Thanks Agent☣Orange thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1" solid front sway bar with adjustable end links. I haven't played with the adjustment. No real preload on it. It did make a big difference over the stock one though.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Post Thanks / Like

Back to my rattle. I tried to adjust v bands again when I realized that the clamp on the turbo wouldn't tighten. The bolt was stripped. That means the clamp wasn't holding the flanges tight. I ordered one from Vibrant, through Amazon prime. Should get it tomorrow. Hopefully that'll cure my problem, without a new motor mount. Nb2 mounts are a pita to change. I want to get rid of this noise for the weekend!
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morreale View Post
    Nb2 mounts are a pita to change.
    You think?
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement