Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GAP TAIL OF Dragon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GAP TAIL OF Dragon

We went Friday and Saturday. That dumbass "MY SPEED" from Ohio ruined it for everyone, after this video went viral: http://jalopnik.com/how-to-be-an-ass...gon-1797537695 The place was so crawling with LEOs looking for him that the fun came to a screeching halt.

That didn't stop us from having fun before the Saturday crackdown. I did manage to get one pretty good run.

That's the short version. You can watch a longer version is available on Youtube here: https://youtu.be/Eoh-X0L-J-Y

Because of the LEO presence, we left about noon on Saturday, and decided to take an entertaining path home. We ran NC 151 (which is custom designed for a boosted Miata), then the Blue Ridge Parkway for some tunnel fun.

Last edited by Gazornan; 08-07-2017 at 05:44 PM.
    '93 Red. 15x10, Xida CS, Torsen, Carbotech, Racing Beat, Enthuza, Rotrex C30-74, Precision FMIC, Tial, Skunk2, Haltech, Momo, Hard Dog, LanceSpeed, Blackbird Fabworx, etc.

2. Likes Agent☣Orange, Jaysz28 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha, I LOVE that tunnel in Mexico! Too funny how the camera kicks back because too much Miata!

I cannot believe how dangerous that blind pass was by "My Speed." That is exactly how how people either die or are maimed for life. Unbelievable.

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the sound, going through the tunnel.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gazornan View Post
    We went Friday and Saturday. That dumbass "MY SPEED" from Ohio ruined it for everyone, after this video went viral: http://jalopnik.com/how-to-be-an-ass...gon-1797537695 The place was so crawling with LEOs looking for him that the fun came to a screeching halt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    I cannot believe how dangerous that blind pass was by "My Speed." That is exactly how how people either die or are maimed for life. Unbelievable.
    That car is owned by someone in a Facebook group I'm in. After that video was posted, the admins started looking into what went on. Turns out the owner was not the person driving. He was riding along earlier in the day but apparently was by himself when those passes were made. I have no idea who this guy is or why he did what he did, but it's unfortunate that the owner could be subjected to retaliation for something they didn't do. I didn't see the car any more after the video came to light so I suspect the owner went home.

☆ Chief Gearhead 2000+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At the 2014 MiB on Friday one of the drivers in the black ops group left the road exiting a curve on a straight flat area and wedge him self between to trees without damaging his Miata, with help was able to get back on the road before the LEOs arrived. The Organizers banned him and strongly urged him to leave the area. Saturday The LEOs, were stopping all groups of Miatas asking if we knew the person who drove off the road, dispersed the groups. In the group I was part of we were prevented form continuing and told to return to Boone in small groups of 3-6 cars.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyFace View Post
    At the 2014 MiB on Friday one of the drivers in the black ops group left the road exiting a curve on a straight flat area and wedge him self between to trees without damaging his Miata, with help was able to get back on the road before the LEOs arrived. The Organizers banned him and strongly urged him to leave the area. Saturday The LEOs, were stopping all groups of Miatas asking if we knew the person who drove off the road, dispersed the groups. In the group I was part of we were prevented form continuing and told to return to Boone in small groups of 3-6 cars.
    I'm not sure what happened. But, as the leader of ALL the Black Ops group runs, I can assure you this didn't happen in that group.
    '93 Red. 15x10, Xida CS, Torsen, Carbotech, Racing Beat, Enthuza, Rotrex C30-74, Precision FMIC, Tial, Skunk2, Haltech, Momo, Hard Dog, LanceSpeed, Blackbird Fabworx, etc.

Grease monkey 75+
    Post Thanks / Like

didn't hear about my speed till today on video ,he should hung out to dry..one thing on mountain roads STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF DOUBLE LINES
    I hope people in Ohio that know him see video give him hell
    Larry & Kathy
    Emerald Green

☆ Chief Gearhead 2000+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gazornan View Post
    I'm not sure what happened. But, as the leader of ALL the Black Ops group runs, I can assure you this didn't happen in that group.
    I could be wrong about what group he was in, so I stand corrected and I apologize for accusing the Black Ops group.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.