Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NC battery options

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NC battery options

Mario, what is the latest on the traction indicator?

I agree with the oil changes. I've historically done them myself but if you can get a good deal and let somebody else to do it for the same price as doing it yourself, the solution is obvious. I've been going to Harbor Nissan here because they use Mobile One oil, and a good filter (even ones like Purolator I bring myself) for about the same price as me buying everything and doing it myself.

Even better, I don't have to pour my old oil into jugs for recycling and cleaning up the mess from missing the spout with the big, flimsy oil tray.

Post Thanks / Like

Before I got my remote oil filter kit, if I had it done by a shop they would either tear bottom shield because they were too lazy to remove enough bolts to get to the oil filter Pi55ED me off!

If I paid they extra to remove the shield, they would never put all the bolts back and I would have to replace them myself at my cost. I can change my oil now in 10 minutes. Screw those oil change jockeys.

Will tell you my Grease Monkey story at the next meet.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

At my Mazda dealer I get a keychain "punchcard", three punches and get the next oil change free. So I just take the Miata and the 6 there for oil changes... and they even run your car through the car wash too. By the time you figure in the free car washes, (They vacuum it out too), and the free oil change every fourth time, it is actually a pretty good deal. I wonder if I can get them to do my Ford Escape too?
    Jerry Layman
    2010 Stormy Blue Mica PRHT

☆ Chief Gearhead 2000+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    Before I got my remote oil filter kit, if I had it done by a shop they would either tear bottom shield because they were too lazy to remove enough bolts to get to the oil filter Pi55ED me off!

If I paid they extra to remove the shield, they would never put all the bolts back and I would have to replace them myself at my cost. I can change my oil now in 10 minutes. Screw those oil change jockeys.

Will tell you my Grease Monkey story at the next meet.
    I use to go to Jifffy lube back in the day, but they raise their prices so it was no longer a savings. Since 2012 I take the Civic to the dealer because they use Mobil One Synthetic and tried "Tuffy Lube" and they were $10 more than the dealer because I asked for Mobil One.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.