Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  87
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146515661 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearheads Random Ongoing Chat (GROC) 2017+

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gearheads Random Ongoing Chat (GROC) 2017+

What a terrible way to go. If I die before "my time" I sure hope it's from doing something stupid that I enjoy, not sitting in traffic and a bridge falls on me. It's scary how fragile life is. RIP to those that lost their lives.
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860 @ 20psi, E85
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, right? Life really is fragile and today reminds me to be thankful for every day I have.

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0F1F337E-8090-4B01-A22C-C8A55E235AA8.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	2605

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed this ad and I have to ask, is this a duplex? For $250K? Because you couldn't pay me that much to live there. This is simply the ugliest, most unimaginative home I've ever seen. It's all garage! This is something I would have next to my mansion but to call this my home? Forget it! Oh, thanks for the little window to look out to the gravel lawn. Why even bother? For a quarter-million dollars, I'd invest my money and move to a more aesthetic prison cell for a few years, rent free.

Someone went to college to design this turd?

Name:	2525709748591825283.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	2609

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you are correct it is a duplex, Now days they call them cottages, townhouse, or villas as you can see by the side by side garages the one common wall between the garages that separates the two homes. This design is the most economical way to build. The more elaborate the design that make the cottages look like separate units cost more and offer larger living areas with three bedrooms and two full bathrooms.

Not too long ago Brenda and I were looking at down sizing to a villa or townhouse here in Gateway, but we didn't find one we liked or cost more than we could afford. We should have down sized back 2006 when we could have gotten top dollar for our house and used the equity to pay the full price of a Villa. Now we plan to stay in this house until they come and take us to the old folks home.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way a major crash has slowed down the the race is being run under double yellow flags until they clear the track. There is no audio other than the sound of the car and after several laps the view has change to driver driving slowly. It 9:10 pm and the race will end at 10:00 pm. The BMW # 24 was leading in GTLM class. Looks like their getting ready to restart the race.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

A cottage?? A cottage is a cute little house in Nottingham forest with giant mushrooms abound and unicorns grazing where Robin Hood or Little Red Riding Hood lives, not this abomination. I couldn't even begin to imagine living with other people connected to me, even worse, in some Stasi HOA.

Could you imagine if we had a tech day there and started revving engines at 9am? Or watching F1 and BBQ'ing? I hope that "community" provides 24hr suicide counseling because if I just realized I spent a quarter million dollars to live there, I'd drink gasoline and light a cigarette just to welcome the sweet relief of a less horrible death.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    A cottage?? A cottage is a cute little house in Nottingham forest with giant mushrooms abound and unicorns grazing where Robin Hood or Little Red Riding Hood lives, not this abomination. I couldn't even begin to imagine living with other people connected to me, even worse, in some Stasi HOA.

Could you imagine if we had a tech day there and started revving engines at 9am? Or watching F1 and BBQ'ing? I hope that "community" provides 24hr suicide counseling because if I just realized I spent a quarter million dollars to live there, I'd drink gasoline and light a cigarette just to welcome the sweet relief of a less horrible death.
    Duplex, Cottage, or Villas are not intended for GearHeads, Wrenchers or DIY people, they are meant for retirees who want to downsize and live in a small home sized duplex sharing one wall with a neighbor as apposed to a bee hive condo. All you have to do is drive through Leehigh along the parameter of St Rte 82 and see all the barebones duplex that are purchased for rentals and see how many have several vehicles parked in the adjoining drive ways in various states of repair.
    Mario E Ordonez

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Living in a non-HOA (like I do now) doesn't automatically mean you're living in a Mad Max world. There is something called code enforcement where us mere mortals call to get dirtbags straightened out. If I personally owned a duplex to rent out, I'd swing by all the time with an eviction notice ready to go.

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:	CA13BA99-2D93-487A-A4C3-585A493A9E2D.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	2614