Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What switches to put in door?

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

What switches to put in door?

I'm currently installing new wiring harnesses in my doors and I'm running new speaker wire as well as wiring for ground lighting (lights the ground when the door is opened).

While I'm at it, I could easily run new wire for switches or whatever. One example would be seat heater switches although I have no plans for seat heaters.

So, if you could have switches in the door panels, what would you use them for?

⚙ Gearhead 1K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Gas door...that way you don't have to reach in and open the center console when you forget to pop it at the gas station.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I am a fan of the early James Bond films (Connery, Moore) I would say ejector seat, rotating multi license plates, twin 30. cal machine guns maybe even a drag chute.

BTW, I hope you have an alarm in your garage. With all that extra copper wiring in the car and the price of copper, someone might break in and pull out all your wiring and sell it for scrap.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Well, gas door is cable based so no can do in the door. My horn button is already my machine gun trigger so that still leaves me stuck what else to do.

I could do and individual map light by the tweeter or up by the visor but I'm already overdoing it with lighting.

A switch to turn on under carriage Christmas tree lights !