Thread: Funny insights from the Vette forum

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny insights from the Vette forum

Funny insight from the Vette forum (excerpted):

Quote Originally Posted by OP View Post
    Now that I have a DD, my Corvette sits in the garage, almost always. I drive 2 hours a day Mon-Fri in my DD and the last thing I want to do when I get home is to get in another car, even if it's my Corvette and drive some more. On weekends, there's always something to do around the house or whatever and my Corvette doesn't get driven then. I wish I could drive it more but there always seems to be other priorities. I plan on retiring in about 4 years so hopefully I'll get more opportunities to drive it. Anybody else feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    That is sort of what happened with me, I was not driving it enough, it became a Garage Queen because of the weather mostly and decided to sell it before it depreciated to the point of no return. So I sold it and got a great price. (More than I paid)

Bought a MX5 which I don't mind driving in the rain, parking it close, or next to other vehicles, without having to watch it, I even eat in it, no more Stress over Chevy Service,

Plus my wife never cared to drive the Vette and enjoys the MX5, and gets use out of it. Once I sell my bike, I will drive it more.

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Funny insights from the Vette forum

You know I'm driving SmileyFace less often these days:
    1. the novelty of a new Roadster any reason to drive the car I'd jump in the Roadster going to the store or just going out for a short loop and then having to keep it clean has worn off
    2. I haven't to found new roads to explore, large and small house repairs and going to California Smiley sat in the garage for 3 weeks. 3. Also the little creepy fear that explosure increases the possibility that
    someone or I will ding or scratch the paint. I'm not about to let it become a garage queen nor am I going to sell it any time soon.
    4. The fact is SmileyFace is my toy to play with so I am not going to play with it every day. Given that I am retired and have the time to drive just for the pleasure of driving. I suspect that you Yata are driving your Vette less these days.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like

There's definitely a balance to find between cost/performance and driving. When you make too many sacrifices in the name of cost or performance you're suddenly a lot less likely to drive the car. Sometimes cars are just too nice or too much of a racecar to really enjoy on a regular basis.

All winter I was looking forward to the snowbirds leaving so I could enjoy driving my car to work. Now that summer's here it rains everyday and I'm looking forward to the dry season so I can drive it to work.
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860 @ 20psi, E85
    2005 Civic Hybrid ♦ 5sp

4. Likes SmileyFace liked this post
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyFace View Post
    I suspect that you Yata are driving your Vette less these days.
    That is certainly true and I completely identify with the OP insofar as it being a waste to have a toy and not play with it. I have different reasons. I do enjoy every moment behind the wheel though. This is the last nicest thing I'm going to have in my life before I focus on other things so while I can't drive it every day, I do savor the fleeting moments I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

🗣 Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like

Many rx7 people are the same the cars stay in their garages because they are afraid to scratch the paint or dirty this or put miles on that

When I goty rx7 I decided I wouldn't do that my supposed daily driver Camry gets used less than my 8city mpg rx7 I figured if I've paid this much I'm going to enjoy any anld every drive I can

Post Thanks / Like

There is one way to enjoy driving the toy is to organize a one day round trip with a group of 5 to 10 Sports Car owner once or twice a month to a 150 to200 Drive to lunch at a Beach, Lake, Tourist Attraction using back roads and in some cases Interstate Highways. Even an over nighter to a major attraction once a month or every two months. As a club activity the frequency of this one or two day trip could be scheduled as 4 or 5 events a year even a small group of 3 or 4 could be fun.
    Mario E Ordonez

🗣 Air bag 250+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyFace View Post
    There is one way to enjoy driving the toy is to organize a one day round trip with a group of 5 to 10 Sports Car owner once or twice a month to a 150 to200 Drive to lunch at a Beach, Lake, Tourist Attraction using back roads and in some cases Interstate Highways. Even an over nighter to a major attraction once a month or every two months. As a club activity the frequency of this one or two day trip could be scheduled as 4 or 5 events a year even a small group of 3 or 4 could be fun.
    You are referring to the dawnpatrol

I enjoy my car almost every day today was a shitty day so I was red lining in first every chance I got specially under bridges lol

And of course autox , and road trips are definitely part of the fun

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

More interesting stuff from the Vette forum under "Life after the C6"

Quote Originally Posted by Amicon View Post
    Went from these 05/08

to this

and ordered this

Still enjoy reading about Corvette ownership but don't want one in my garage anymore. Crossed that one off the Bucket List.

Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you guys can read this without registering (I think you can) but another Miata thread gets started in the Vette forum with some interesting observations about the ND and Miatas in general. Yes, there are a couple idiot "chick car" statements but the rest are surprisingly supportive, putting the idiots clearly in the minority:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...miata-mx5.html