Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Continental Tire Race

Post Thanks / Like

Continental Tire Race

The Continental Tire Race from Daytona (2 weeks ago) is being aired on Fox Sports 1 from 10am till noon on Sunday, Feb 8th.

Fox and Tudor finally agreed to a schedule for this race and the rest of the season. Most races will be a one week delay. I didn't find any listing in my usual spots so I emailed IMSA and they got right back to me. Today I see it's listed at my Race TV website:

http://www.tvracer.com/
    If it weren't for time, everything would happen all at once!
    08' NC GT PRHT turbo, inter-cooler, dyno'd 236hp at the rear wheels

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Continental Tire Race

They send out e mail blasts regularly. I got my notice at 2:20 pm. IMSA.Com send out through insider@imsa.com. Just get on their mailing list and you'll get regular monthly updates

✨ Senior Gearhead 3K+ SmileyFace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching the race and while it is interesting, it seems anti-climatic after watching the 24hrs live.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyFace View Post
    I'm watching the race and while it is interesting, it seems anti-climatic after watching the 24hrs live.
    The words REALLY BORING come to mind. Almost as bad, notice I said ALMOST as bad as watching turn left, turn left, turn left, and turn left again.

Post Thanks / Like

The positive thing for me was that a 911 beat two mustangs and an Aston Marten.
    Mario E Ordonez
    SmileyFace is a 2014 MX-5 Miata NC dressed in Black Mica and Coco cinnamon leather seats.

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

I did like watching the Caymans running out of fuel over the last two laps...and...the Rum Bum gang winning. Still overall the best part is I have been experiencing problems falling asleep. This race worked better than any of my happy pills until the WU came into the " Cave " and woke me up.

Post Thanks / Like

OK Thumper, I get that you don't like the Continental Tire Series. So now you can just let it be. Please. I like the series a lot. It's not big bucks, it's not mega personality drivers and it a 2.5 hour sprint race where 75% of the class finish on the same lap. I'm not arguing with you, I understand you don't like it, so just don't pay any attention to this thread. Please just leave it be.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched the Continental Tire Challenge race from Sebring... finally made it to TV 2 weeks after the race. It was a pretty good race. The Miata guys did run well, one guy was on the pole and another one actually made the podium for 3rd. At least the TV production level is watchable, but after a 2 week delay, I should think it would be well produced and edited.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it also, even though I was there watching it live. I did get to see a few collision that I missed because I was on the other side of the track. I think there was editing to fit the time segment but little else.
    Mario E Ordonez

Post Thanks / Like

I've only seen the Continental Challenge from the flagging side. It's kind of funny watching the powerful but heavy American muscle cars shake and rumble through the turns. The Euro cars have so much more finesse.

The race does get spread out all over the place though. Not a lot of wheel to wheel racing. I wouldn't call it boring, just not as exciting as others.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console