Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB used flywheel and clutch. These any good?

Lugnut 10+
    Post Thanks / Like

WTB used flywheel and clutch. These any good?

Hay looki g at a aluminum flywheel used for 100. Good deal or not? Its in very good shape. And is the act extreme clutch any good. I have a 1.8 with a supercharger and a little more under the hood. So will need a good clutch. thinks

☆ Chief Gearhead 2000+ Thumper 13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: drive train

My only concern is the flywheel COULD be warped.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an ACT Streetlite Flywheel with about 1000 miles on it if you're interested in buying it for $100. I installed in my old miata that I ended up parting out right after. It's in great shape, when I went to swap it in my new car it already had a 9# flywheel installed.

I'm running an ACT Extreme clutch now. I bought it used from a guy that didn't like it; it's stiffer than stock and engagement is more aggressive but it never bothered me. I've run it in my last 4 miatas, I've probably got 60k miles on it since I bought it and it's seen a little over 300wtq for a good portion of that with no signs of slipping. Definitely gets an A+ in my book. If you're ever in Fort Myers and want to test it out to see how you like it let me know.
    Scott
    2000 SE Miata ♦ 6sp, MS3X, GTX2860, E85
    2004 G35 Sedan ♦ 6sp, Uprev Osiris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
    I've got an ACT Streetlite Flywheel with about 1000 miles on it if you're interested in buying it for $100. I installed in my old miata that I ended up parting out right after. It's in great shape, when I went to swap it in my new car it already had a 9# flywheel installed.

I'm running an ACT Extreme clutch now. I bought it used from a guy that didn't like it; it's stiffer than stock and engagement is more aggressive but it never bothered me. I've run it in my last 4 miatas, I've probably got 60k miles on it since I bought it and it's seen a little over 300wtq for a good portion of that with no signs of slipping. Definitely gets an A+ in my book. If you're ever in Fort Myers and want to test it out to see how you like it let me know.
    I was waiting for you to answer that one.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Lugnut 10+
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB used flywheel and clutch. These any good?

Thanks i know the person that has the flywheel it and it is in good shape. On clutch, my mita has a act clutch in it i dont know witch one. car has 65000 on it and i dont know how long it has been it car. Had a solid pedal whin i got car. last week got in car and it would not go in reverse and pedal was weak. check reservoir no fluid refilled pedal came back. drove it all day was ok next day pedal felt weak. I got a new slave cylinder and master cylinder was going to change it this weekend but i dont see any fluid leak anywhere. blended but still weak. its been a long time since I drove a stick I was wondering if the pressure plate might have collapsed some. It dos not slip when on it hard. Any help on what to look for thanks

Post Thanks / Like

If the flywheel is aluminum, make sure the insert is still available to purchase. I almost made the mistake of buying one that was no longer in production.

Lugnut 10+
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok will do but got to figure out clutch first

Post Thanks / Like

Start with replacing the slave and master cylinder. Weakest link and cheap by comparison. What year is your car?
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Lugnut 10+
    Post Thanks / Like

99 with 65000 miles superchargered most fun u can have by your self

Post Thanks / Like

I always heard you didn't want to go with a lightweight flywheel with a super charger. . . could be wrong. Something about idle. . . ? ? ? + 1 for the act clutch. . love mine along side a 949 lightweight fly. 1.6