Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There is an Easter Bunny!

Drives
    '90 Red w/Gold Stripe
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an Easter Bunny!

Woo-hooo, got a contract on my house in PGI! Closing the end of May, start rebuilding my Miata beginning June! :) I have a growing pile of parts, growing faster now! Need to get quotes on painting and then start stripping the girl down. When the house closes I will be looking for a good used small pickup if anybody knows of one coming up for sale in a couple weeks. I am psyched, been planning this rebuild for about a year. 60's retro Miata coming soon! Molly's rebuild thread will be starting soon! :driving:
    Last edited by Pmarcuzzo; 04-22-2014 at 06:36 AM.
    Paul
    Slightly customized Red '90

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: There is an Easter Bunny!

60's retro? Will that include an oil leaking British Roadster engine and Lucas Electric system?

Hey, I had an MGB.

Last edited by minuteman048; 04-22-2014 at 06:43 AM.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Drives
    '90 Red w/Gold Stripe
    Post Thanks / Like

No visiting from Lucifer, but I do have "new" door speaker covers from a Jag and the arm rests are getting replaced by a new pair of MGB door pulls!
    Paul

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great. Looking forward to following your build. Remember, we are here to help.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's

Drives
    '90 Red w/Gold Stripe
    Post Thanks / Like

When I start the tear down I'll post what's coming if anybody wants to stop by. First will be stripping anything that isn't painted now, then as much interior as I can and still drive to the paint shop. After the paint will be putting the exterior back together, the interior is getting redone except for the main floor carpeting, the dash is coming out and I am doing a complete Redline Goods interior. New seat foam for the drivers side and new leather seat covers. Lot's to do!
    Paul

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a rebuild, this is a restoration. Pulling the dash, Yata should be your consultant. Jedi MAster when it comes to stripping and reinstalling interiors.

Drives
    '90 Red w/Gold Stripe
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I afford that much pizza & beer? :Rolling laugh ani:
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Did you decide on which leather seat covers you were going to use? Your seat foam is available through retail sources isn't it. I mean, you don't have to have it custom cut?

I'm saving up to redo a pair of surfboard seats. I can't get the foam for it. I have to have somebody make it.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Koni SRTs - Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    '90 Red w/Gold Stripe
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Joe, I am just doing the one seat bottom on the driver's side. It is still available through your local friendly Mazda Dealer. The leather seat covers I am going to use are from ebay, exotikleather, he has gotten pretty good customer satisfaction marks. Biggest complaint is delivery time. I was talking with seats01, but it looks like he quit ebay. I am getting leather samples from Redline goods, the whole set and the folks from the seat covers are sending me their shades of tan. So if anybody wants to check those out I should have them in a few days.
    Paul

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys calling me fat???