Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  74
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23737883889398103108113118119120121122123
Results 1,221 to 1,226 of 1226

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

Nice big garage. Driving on summer performance tires in really cold temperatures could cause them to crack and separate from the wheel. Their flexibility is greatly reduced and become brittle.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

And that ^ is why this baby is parked in the back row till spring!
    Jerry Layman
    2010 Stormy Blue Mica PRHT

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up the roll bar, and installed it. This is the third roll bar in this car, so it's starting to get a little swiss-cheesed in the package shelf area. I haven't reinstalled the seats, because I'm still thinking about what I want to do on the passenger side. There are some photos on my instagram. If you don't have IG, you can always stalk on the www. https://insta-stalker.com/profile/black_ops_miata/

I also couldn't pass up deal a MiataRoadster taller shifter, from a partout. It should arrive in the next day or two. I'll be installing it along with the 6 speed.

If any of you want to spend a couple days up here, I'm creating a road rally for May the Fourth. The "Kessel Run" rally will naturally be Star Wars themed. The 4th is a Saturday, and I'll be putting together something for Sunday, too.
    Last edited by Gazornan; 01-16-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    '93 (Red no more). 15x10, Xida CS, Torsen, Carbotech, Racing Beat, Enthuza, Rotrex C30-74, Precision FMIC, Tial, Skunk2, Haltech, Momo, Hard Dog, LanceSpeed, Blackbird Fabworx, etc.

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you feel is the improvement over the previous ones? I prefer the 5 speed since it's a little less shifting. Know there was a different rear axle ratio with the 6 speed.

Would love to come up for that rally but just signed up and committed to the June@Boone event. In 2020 I should be freed up to come up for more events.
    Last edited by minuteman048; 01-17-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    What do you feel is the improvement over the previous ones? I prefer the 5 speed since it's a little less shifting. Know there was a different rear axle ratio with the 6 speed.
    With the rotrex, there are certain roads (Dragon) where the car is caught between being nearly off boost in third and spinning the tires in second. The time from the BOV closing to the rev limit in second makes that a fairly useless gear on this road with the 5 speed (although it works on roads where you can get the car better balanced before accelerating). I'm hoping third gear in the 6 speed will be ideal for pulling out of the corners. Plus, it should better handle any power increases.
    Last edited by minuteman048; 01-17-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    '93 (Red no more). 15x10, Xida CS, Torsen, Carbotech, Racing Beat, Enthuza, Rotrex C30-74, Precision FMIC, Tial, Skunk2, Haltech, Momo, Hard Dog, LanceSpeed, Blackbird Fabworx, etc.

6. Likes Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to hear how it works out.