Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  65
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 78 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2833384348535863687374757677787980818283889398103108113118 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    No i never get caught with it in my hands. I got it because i was getting a nardi steering wheel and i dont want it to get stolen by some poor honda kid in lehigh. I dont live in the best area, i mean across the street accepts section 8 so i honestly was worried. As for the horn i find myself reving at dumb asses who dont go at a green light and i still miss the light so i need something louder.
    Get one of those portable air horns used for boating. That should get their attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha yes! Now that is a good idea, too bad i would need to make some custom storage for that unless i wanna turn off my car, hop out and open the trunk, then get back in and finnaly honk at them ;)

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha yes! Now that is a good idea, too bad i would need to make some custom storage for that unless i wanna turn off my car, hop out and open the trunk, then get back in and finnaly honk at them ;)
    several of them will fit on the shelf behind the seat or on top of the folded top. They are small hand held

Drives
    1999 MX5
    Post Thanks / Like

Your rubber grommet in the valve cover for the PCB valve is probably petrified. It will make a better seal if you replace it with anew one. It's cheap.
    99 Emerald Mica, 01 Header, Ground Control Springs w/Bilstein HDs. Thompson CAI, High Flow cat w/Borla Exhaust, Fab9 COP's
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience
    Experience Comes From Bad Judgement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 13 View Post
    several of them will fit on the shelf behind the seat or on top of the folded top. They are small hand held
    Damn you got me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    Your rubber grommet in the valve cover for the PCB valve is probably petrified. It will make a better seal if you replace it with anew one. It's cheap.
    The filter i bought fit perfectly. I removed the grommet and forced it. Its air tight. It idles fine after a few minutes but its till kind making me mad. Maybe if i upgrade my filter to k&n it will even out the airflow

Post Thanks / Like

For my airbox that is not the pcv

Deep state actor ☚☻☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Drives
    Lilí red Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like

I will get the oil air separator a moriso one when i get the money. I did this it was $13 but im idling weird now my car died and embarrassed me at a light.
    Attachment 797
    I should have said breather because I don't mean to just stick a breather on on cam cover. I meant what Thumper indicated which is an oil separator which you could then vent to atmosphere or run back to your intake.

Here's my DIY from it. I was experimenting and went a little overboard but you could make one dirt cheap.

http://gearheadsmiataclub.net/vB/sho...h-can-breather

💫 Chief Gearhead 2K+
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YellowYata View Post
    I should have said breather because I don't mean to just stick a breather on on cam cover. I meant what Thumper indicated which is an oil separator which you could then vent to atmosphere or run back to your intake.

Here's my DIY from it. I was experimenting and went a little overboard but you could make one dirt cheap.

http://gearheadsmiataclub.net/vB/sho...h-can-breather
    Not to blow smoke up yer kilt BUT this is one of the best, well written projects I've seen in a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Its a great write up, i have seen it and im planning on it just in two to 3 weeks. Ive seen it done this way quite a few times. If im not mistaken doesnt minuteman have a somewhat similar setup on his valve cover? Im definitely planning on an oil catch can its just im pretty broke at the moment from the six or seven random parts ive bought since Thursday.